New Vekta.5 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
@Slamdcoop0428
I noticed you bought the JS 8mm front shock stops. Did you not get them in your kit?? if not have you checked all bag parts?
My front stop washer things were in with the front bumper bag
I got my kit last week and i had 8mm shock mounts/stops all round

As for wheels, i'm running the RCMAX genesis lightweight 24mm hex with cross cutter tread
https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/cross-cutter-3-with-lightweight-centres-for-24mm-hex

1 stock wheel fully assembled weighs 740g, the above wheels are 609g each, so 540g all up. I'm also running the RCMAX chassis and Bonehaed carbon plates/shock tower, they will shave another 500g off. Total weight saving over stock is about 1kg will give slightly better acceleration

Last edited:
@Slamdcoop0428
I noticed you bought the JS 8mm front shock stops. Did you not get them in your kit?? if not have you checked all bag parts?
My front stop washer things were in with the front bumper bag
I got my kit last week and i had 8mm shock mounts/stops all round

As for wheels, i'm running the RCMAX genesis lightweight 24mm hex with cross cutter tread
https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/cross-cutter-3-with-lightweight-centres-for-24mm-hex

1 stock wheel fully assembled weighs 740g, the above wheels are 609g each, so 540g all up. I'm also running the RCMAX chassis and Bonehaed carbon plates/shock tower, they will shave another 500g off. Total weight saving over stock is about 1kg will give slightly better acceleration
I bought my Vekta as a complete truck from DDM and the front shock tower holes are 6m and no shock stops. The kits like yours get 8mm holes with 8mm hardware. My vekta came with rear shock stops though and black rear trailing arms as it’s the latest run from Kraken. The actual Bonehead RC website says 8mm shock holes for their carbon front shock tower so I just ordered the 8mm kit with shock stops to be prepared. As for wheels I will have to think about it more. Not sure if I like the no sidewall tire.

I bought my Vekta as a complete truck from DDM and the front shock tower holes are 6m and no shock stops. The kits like yours get 8mm holes with 8mm hardware. My vekta came with rear shock stops though and black rear trailing arms as it’s the latest run from Kraken. The actual Bonehead RC website says 8mm shock holes for their carbon front shock tower so I just ordered the 8mm kit with shock stops to be prepared. As for wheels I will have to think about it more. Not sure if I like the no sidewall tire.
Aaahh ok i see

As for the wheels, alot of people don't seem to like the no sidewall idea. For me it's a no brainer after 5yrs of stupid beadlocks, balloning tyres, ripped tyres, shredded tyres, blah blah. I'm over it that's for sure lol

Aaahh ok i see

As for the wheels, alot of people don't seem to like the no sidewall idea. For me it's a no brainer after 5yrs of stupid beadlocks, balloning tyres, ripped tyres, shredded tyres, blah blah. I'm over it that's for sure lol
Oh I’m sure. I’m sure the tire issues really come once you go big bore. What engine are you running?

If you are considering a bigbore for your vekta, BRP and Taylor Genesis wheels are your best options. I have about 6 sets of Taylor wheels, I love them but my rigs see cut field grass only. Alx will be releasing a set of tires soon that look like BRPs superspikes but install on a standard wheels.
I’ll have to see how it goes. Power wise I don’t need any right now that’s for sure. I was also wondering how the car would run setup in 2WD. Just pull the front DS and see how it does. 🤔

I’ll have to see how it goes. Power wise I don’t need any right now that’s for sure. I was also wondering how the car would run setup in 2WD. Just pull the front DS and see how it does. 🤔
I think it will just spin out unless you lock the rear or add heavy diff oil. I have a vid with 80cc power and no traction on factory wheels with my vekta. Bajas are fairly cheap to build if you like the 2wd platform🤩👍

I think it will just spin out unless you lock the rear or add heavy diff oil. I have a vid with 80cc power and no traction on factory wheels with my vekta. Bajas are fairly cheap to build if you like the 2wd platform🤩👍

Yeah it was just an idea. More power to
the rear wheels would be achieved and a little weight saved for my tiny 34cc haha

I’ve been thinking 50cc after looking at them all.
They're a heavy beast at 4.5kg from memory, 2kg more than a 34cc lol, but they have a poop load of torque. It is the recommended engine for it
As it is i'm running 22/19-19 gearing so it will be pretty quick with lots of power, plus it has the 62mm clutch option. I had a Vekta5 with an OBR 34 piston port a few years ago, that was ok with the DDM stage 2 gear set, 21/19-20 i think they are. I'll probably go 1 up in gearing once my 40gt has bedded in

They're a heavy beast at 4.5kg from memory, 2kg more than a 34cc lol, but they have a poop load of torque. It is the recommended engine for it
As it is i'm running 22/19-19 gearing so it will be pretty quick with lots of power, plus it has the 62mm clutch option. I had a Vekta5 with an OBR 34 piston port a few years ago, that was ok with the DDM stage 2 gear set, 21/19-20 i think they are. I'll probably go 1 up in gearing once my 40gt has bedded in
How fast did it go with the stage 2 gearing? Was the acceleration pretty slow?

A vertigo trans has much more gearing options for bigbores and can be added in to the vekta package in the drop down menus on the website. The suggested gearing for the engine package gets supplied in the kit
That would be the plan if I do pull the trigger on a big bore.

What’s up everyone? Just wanted to make a post showing my new Vekta.5 and where it sits now. Mostly been posting my modifications on Instagram and then stumbled across this forum. This is my first 1/5 scale RC and when I saw the Vekta.5 I had to have it. Mods so far are ESP 34cc kit with ported head, lightweight flywheel and VRC silenced exhaust. Also did a Hitec 845 steering servo and Wheelman designz lower rear heim joints as my plastic ones ripped out on a pretty weird landing haha. Just added the Red Arrow USA body kit and painted it myself and a couple stickers. Trying to keep it clean and simple for now.

Here are some pics of the Vekta

View attachment 79200
View attachment 79201
View attachment 79202
View attachment 79203
Hi . Great choice of truck , I've just bought this monster myself from DDM , you say that you've used hitec servos did you have any issues fitting ? Regards steve

Hi . Great choice of truck , I've just bought this monster myself from DDM , you say that you've used hitec servos did you have any issues fitting ? Regards steve
It’s been great so far. Even with putting the ESP 34cc kit together myself. Runs well. Yes I installed a Hitec 845 for the steering. Much stronger than what kraken supplies. It drops right in but the factory bolts are a little short but work. I do need to put some longer ones in.

It’s been great so far. Even with putting the ESP 34cc kit together myself. Runs well. Yes I installed a Hitec 845 for the steering. Much stronger than what kraken supplies. It drops right in but the factory bolts are a little short but work. I do need to put some longer ones in.
Thanks for reply , I'm waiting on delivery from DDM ( Can't wait ) as I've done the losi 5 T and Dbxl plus just finished a build on a dragon hammer so thought I'd try the kraken as I do like to build from scratch . It's good to know that the hitec servos fit as I have some here waiting to drop on . All the best and I'll keep an eye on your threads regards steve

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks