New Vekta.5 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely love it!
Getting ready to install some DDM stage 2 speed gears with Vertigo pinion shaft and CVD rear driveshaft.

View attachment 79705
The CVD Drive Shaft will make a big difference in traction and it drifts more around turns with less binding on the transmission. Best $80.00 you will ever spend. note change the o-rings with clips.
Steve at DDM has them.
William E. Burrows Jr.

The CVD Drive Shaft will make a big difference in traction and it drifts more around turns with less binding on the transmission. Best $80.00 you will ever spend. note change the o-rings with clips.
Steve at DDM has them.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Yep it seem like a great piece. The CVD came with the clips. Just got done installing everything. B64242D4-DCA8-4B40-8C2C-D9C5F830E0AE.jpeg

Wow nice truck mani!
I myself am.looking at a new rig come tsx time and I've been looking at the kraken alot but don't know anything about them. I was a baja guy until recently. Can anyone tell me a little about this rig. Does it come stock with the metal parts or is that an upgrade?

Wow nice truck mani!
I myself am.looking at a new rig come tsx time and I've been looking at the kraken alot but don't know anything about them. I was a baja guy until recently. Can anyone tell me a little about this rig. Does it come stock with the metal parts or is that an upgrade?
Chassie transmission Rear axle is metal and diff cups metal the driveline itself is big bore ready.

What’s up everyone? Just wanted to make a post showing my new Vekta.5 and where it sits now. Mostly been posting my modifications on Instagram and then stumbled across this forum. This is my first 1/5 scale RC and when I saw the Vekta.5 I had to have it. Mods so far are ESP 34cc kit with ported head, lightweight flywheel and VRC silenced exhaust. Also did a Hitec 845 steering servo and Wheelman designz lower rear heim joints as my plastic ones ripped out on a pretty weird landing haha. Just added the Red Arrow USA body kit and painted it myself and a couple stickers. Trying to keep it clean and simple for now.

Here are some pics of the Vekta

View attachment 79200
View attachment 79201
View attachment 79202
View attachment 79203
Where's the best place to buy parts.

Wow nice truck mani!
Composites are Plastic, Steel and Aluminum.
Upgrade the drive shaft and install a kill switch.
The CVD Drive Shaft will make a big difference in traction and it drifts more around turns with less binding on the transmission. Best $80.00 you will ever spend.
Good Luck,
William E. Burrows Jr.

So I went to the dark side with my vekta.5. I know I know, shame on me but I’ll be able to drive it so much more now. Bought the Wheelman designz brushless conversion plates and the Castle 2028 800kv motor with xlx2 ESC. Setup is running two Spektrum 4s 100c batteries. The truck is just so much faster than the 34cc ESP setup I had previously. 51 mph as it sits right now and it gets there fast with a 16T pinion. Motor temps are staying in the 90f degree range. Setup isn’t even working hard. IC5 connectors and ESC aren’t even getting out of the 70-80F range. I added Proline masher X wheels/tires also. Such a different look. Since these photos I ditched the mechanical brake completely as I was having major binding issues with it and set the brake via the ESC to 40% and it stops amazing and doesn’t heat up the motor any. Total setup weighs in a around 38lbs.

C88280D5-0F4C-4745-AC58-89754E368528.jpeg

862BDC35-5398-40AE-B170-3508A2BDDB63.jpeg
3A318FD7-CD47-4142-A4F3-694AF075330C.jpeg
99F33E68-38DC-4725-97FF-796B5A8C0662.jpeg

Attachments

• C47652DF-CADD-4B74-B220-857E73487CCC.jpeg
    C47652DF-CADD-4B74-B220-857E73487CCC.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
So I went to the dark side with my vekta.5. I know I know, shame on me but I’ll be able to drive it so much more now. Bought the Wheelman designz brushless conversion plates and the Castle 2028 800kv motor with xlx2 ESC. Setup is running two Spektrum 4s 100c batteries. The truck is just so much faster than the 34cc ESP setup I had previously. 51 mph as it sits right now and it gets there fast with a 16T pinion. Motor temps are staying in the 90f degree range. Setup isn’t even working hard. IC5 connectors and ESC aren’t even getting out of the 70-80F range. I added Proline masher X wheels/tires also. Such a different look. Since these photos I ditched the mechanical brake completely as I was having major binding issues with it and set the brake via the ESC to 40% and it stops amazing and doesn’t heat up the motor any. Total setup weighs in a around 38lbs.

View attachment 80529

View attachment 80525
View attachment 80527
View attachment 80526
That's sick man

nice!!

View attachment 80529

View attachment 80525
View attachment 80527
View attachment 80526
that's clean
I'm running an 80 supreme, vertigo transmission with 17/24 gearing, top speed is totally there and needed. I say the same...go big or go home. I think @Haric had some top speed numbers with the gearing changes for vektas
no issues with drive train?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks