New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spents I have tried that the plug is new I spun it to make sure it isn't flooded I even replaced the ignition with Taylor still no luck.I am going to replace the lines fuel and air filter and see if that helps.It doesn't even burp
Any other odd ball reasons you guys can come up with I tend to have brain farts at times and I may be missing something
yeh change what ya said fella, fuel lines etc, check the clunk in the tank as well,
have you checked that the carb isn't gummed up after its been sat for a while

Well you don't need an air filter to run, is your plug wet? I used to love it when a car would get towed to the garage with a no start condition. You need fuel, spark and compression for the explosion to make and engine run. Is your engine still stiff to turn without the plug? Rusted bearings or cylinder will cut down the probability of getting it run also
yeh change what ya said fella, fuel lines etc, check the clunk in the tank as well,
have you checked that the carb isn't gummed up after its been sat for a while
Just throw some gas down the thought of the carb and you'll know instantly if it fires, its fuel issue

Yeah I haven't tried pouring some fuel in the carb yet but it has good compression and I will always put a little gas it in from time to time and turn it over just to make sure everything stays oiled up.I just had that flood last year and it hasn't ran since.I will try that and let you guys know and Spents I got a new clunk here waiting and I will check the carb.Thanks guys

Just a couple of crappy pics to keep this alive.I keep finding crap to fix loose bolts but thats ok with me I like to keep ocupied.I still haven't gotten a chance to get it started I may try today is I have time.I also have to replace the fuel tank grommet I really hate installing those things they always give me a hard time.I rewired everything and made sure everything is nice a tight so let's see what happens.I am going to toss a little fuel in the carb and see if it will at least pop for me.I also haven't cleaned this thing in ages so forgive me.

IMG_6914 (1).jpg

IMG_6916 (1).jpg

IMG_6913 (1).jpg

IMG_6915 (1).jpg

IMG_6912 (1).jpg

IMG_6917 (1).jpg

Sorry about the extremely crappy video I was kind of doing a few things all at once and I was a bit tired of lugging this 50 lb beast around.

Thanks guys for the help now I am going to get the DBXL running. I have two King motors laying around I may ask Sean to massage them for me if he isn’t too busy and see how much that will cost me.

Last edited:
What's up guys so I took both rigs out today and they both worked fine but few issues I blew a bead on the DBXL and the brakes quit working.I will dig into that later.The Vekta keppt shutting down I would punch the throttle and it would turn off but it was a total loss of power.I think the Protek/SkyRc switch is shutting down due to low voltage because of the draw.I can remember how to turn the low voltage protection off?Any ideas?

It could be the Killer Bee also i guess??Is there any way to pull battery voltage from the 7px or how can I record that?

Last edited:
Thanks guys yeah he really did a great job on my rig I was super stoked when I saw it

When I took them out the Vekta started shutting off so I decided to take a look at the wiring again and found out it was the switch when I tap on it the light flickers and I think a solder joint inside is bad.I replaced the switch and it stays on solid now I also used adhesive lined heatshrink on all of the connection in the battery box to make sure they stay connected.The DBXL has a serious idle problem and the brakes are non existent.I will leave that for the next few days

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks