New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have fried 3 servos on the vekta and most of the wiring. The front on these car are just too heavy specially with big bore and all the aluminum upgrades. I have watched the voltage drop under 5v while running the car and also the heat from the motor and pull start doesn't help at all for the steering servo. Try running a 4s lipo with a voltage regulator and see what happens or you can buy the big boy 1000 hitec servo.

For the exhaust movent go with a higher rate springs and change out the rubber isolator to a firmer one.

Get a hilly 8000, that alone will save your car and wiring from burning down it has a failsafe build into the servo. Get the max amp voltage regulator from killer rc. Get the inline fuse from killer rc. Make sure you set your micro switches for the 8.4V and set them to kill your car at the proper safe voltage so it doesn't kill your lipo. You had dual 845s and the dark soul kit didn't you Tony? 👆Do that and you will have no problems. My hitec 1100wp is nice but it's a $575 servo and is overkill
Edit: My bad just looked back you did that.....

What's up guys I have been MIA for quite a while I lost everything in my apartment due to a flood but the rc's were saved luckily.I am just getting back to them and my Taylor RC 50 isn't starting so I ordered a new coil from Taylor and installed it and I still can't get it to start.I know the kill switch is working or at least when I switch it on and off it seems to work.I ripped all the wiring off the coil and now I have the wiring from the Killer Bee going to the switch and the ground is split with one end going to the switch and the other is a ring terminal and bolted to motor to supply ground.The positive side is split and one end goes to the switch and the other to the coil spade.I am a bit lost the motor spins nice and easy with great compression but I can't get it started.

Thanks Sean do you still have the 5Five and Vekta?

I have spark and I removed the killswitch and it still doesn't fire so I am a bit lost.I am cleaning the air filter right now just to tidy this beast up a bit.I see fuel in the carb burble and you can see fuel returning to the tank so at this point I am running out of ideas.I replaced the spark plug coil and cleaned the filter.The engine was getting spark and the killswitch was removed before cleaning the air filter.

I did also try what you said but did you mean remove the killswitch because that is what I did and I couldn't get it started

The carb on this doesn't have a choke.The motor today after I took out the battery box and removed all of the wiring Rx and reinstalled everything the motor has got spark and sounds like it may start.I will have to wait till next weekend but I will keep you guys updated.I have been really out of touch and while searching ran across the Vesla and it is kind of calling my name lol.I don't think it is for sale yet but I do like the truck.

The carb on this doesn't have a choke.The motor today after I took out the battery box and removed all of the wiring Rx and reinstalled everything the motor has got spark and sounds like it may start.I will have to wait till next weekend but I will keep you guys updated.I have been really out of touch and while searching ran across the Vesla and it is kind of calling my name lol.I don't think it is for sale yet but I do like the truck.
Still got the both brother, although it's been a busy sumer between work and home life. Haven't had a lot of time to get any of the rc's out. But we're pretty board at work atm being in shoulder season. Trying to get a few guys to buy some super mini scale cars and set up a little track in the one shop to pass time.

Damn sounds ghood and yeah life gets in the way of having fun sometimes but we have to carve out some time to just have a blast.I do that too often and just stay worried about stuff all year long.I am in the process of buying an apartment in Colombia at the moment still looking around.I am just trying to make sure I enjoy life as much as possible.

Whats up guys I know I have been gone for quitre a while had some personal issues and medical issues come up that threw me for a loop.I was hospitalized for 40 days with a severe case of covid and almost dies and being a diabetic didn't help much.I purchased a property outside of the US and had a bunch of issues with that but everything seems stable now.

Now on to the fun stuff I drove the Vekta last summer and it ran great had some issues with humidity in my place and afterwards the Vekta and my Taylor motor won't start.I wired it up with no kill and it gets spark with a spark tester.The air filter has been cleaned and re oiled and the gas is freshly mixed.The engine feels a little hard to spin over but I am guessing its just me these motors were always a little harder to turn over than a Zenoah.Any ideas?

How has everyone been and who is still here and who isn't?

Ouch! That covid is a real bear. Maybe the spark plug will spark out of the motor, but not under compression. My brand new 34 would not start for the initial start up, checked plug three times and it was wet but had fire, finally just threw in a new plug and it came to life. Or , if the plug is dry ou can try to squirt a thimble full amount of gas straight into the engine to see if it's a fuel issue

good to hear you're ok fella (y),
sounds like you had it pretty rough for a while,,

as for the vekta/taylor, spin the engine over without the plug in to clear any excess fuel etc then see if it will start after that, fresh plug etc etc

Spents I have tried that the plug is new I spun it to make sure it isn't flooded I even replaced the ignition with Taylor still no luck.I am going to replace the lines fuel and air filter and see if that helps.It doesn't even burp
Any other odd ball reasons you guys can come up with I tend to have brain farts at times and I may be missing something

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks