New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought that front mudguard but never used it as you can't utilize the pull starter from the side. I'm sure it can be done with some kind of modification but never looked into.

That front skid plate looks nice. Been meaning to pick one up. (y)

I bought that front mudguard but never used it as you can't utilize the pull starter from the side. I'm sure it can be done with some kind of modification but never looked into.

That front skid plate looks nice. Been meaning to pick one up. (y)
Correct, I made a bracket for the pull start so it can be pulled from the top.

I was under the impression that a pull handle extension was all that was needed to make it work???

I had a bad day today working on the Vekta :mad:

First How the hell did you guys get the lower shock ball into the front arms?I put soo much pressure on it today I broke the actual table in half it split down the center.This happened after about two hours of trying every which way of getting them in.

Second as soon as I tightened the clutch retaining nut it split in two pieces here is the aftermath of the nut.I didn't torque it down hard either it was hand tight :unsure:

IMG_20200202_162604.jpgIMG_20200202_162653.jpg
How do you guys have the settings set on the rear axle?

Last edited:
Yeah it happens I am used to crap like that happening I have two on the way.The problem now is the front arms.I look at the shock balls and they look to be almost three mm's larger than the location that they are supposed to slide into and the arms are extremely thick so heating them and getting them in there is going to be fun.I may try to pick up a used set of arms that way they have gotten used to having the balls in there and may have stretched a bit.

I just realized I am huge idiot and I am trying to get the wrong shock end balls into the front arms one set of balls are just a set of balls with a hole in them and one set of balls have like a flat tube attached to the end like a spacer.The balls I should be using is the plain ball with a hole through it instead of the ones with a spacer. :oops:

Last edited:
5d61cbe7-3866-41c1-bfbc-05f683713b8c_text_hi.gif

Damn didn't notice how horrible the carpet looks in the work room lol.I gotta rip that crap out of there

On another note Crucial yeah it fits with plenty of room I using the same batteries for all of my trucks a 3000mah 2s lipo from Turnigy they are like 20 bucks.I think DDM sells them for 30 if I am not mistaken.I may turn the Rx 90 degrees so that the plug are closer to the edge and give me a little more room.I can leave it like it is at the moment since it makes reading the Rx channels a breeze and installing the plugs very easy.

Damn didn't notice how horrible the carpet looks in the work room lol.I gotta rip that crap out of there

On another note Crucial yeah it fits with plenty of room I using the same batteries for all of my trucks a 3000mah 2s lipo from Turnigy they are like 20 bucks.I think DDM sells them for 30 if I am not mistaken.I may turn the Rx 90 degrees so that the plug are closer to the edge and give me a little more room.I can leave it like it is at the moment since it makes reading the Rx channels a breeze and installing the plugs very easy.
Gotcha. My 7000mah wouldnt allow that orientation. It's crazy tight in my batt box.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks