New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to decide on whether to go with a set of Hitec 845's/840's or maybe use the newer Savox 2290.The savox is pretty impressive but quite a bit more expensive.The Savox has impressive strength and its pretty quick at .11 and handles 8.4v.The Hitecs are kind of getting my attention since I have yet to see a thread with one of them failing or not being strong enough.

It's going to take a bit for me to finish this bad boy but those are on the list along with an exhaust but I haven't made up my mind yet on the exhaust and I may wait for a DDM deal of the day.I am going to buy maybe three or four servos to have an extra on hand just in case and I may wait and see how a single servo can handle the weight of this beast.

I received some parts in the mail so maybe I can toss them on while finishing the assembly.

IMG_20200212_141551.jpgIMG_20200212_141601.jpgIMG_20200212_141539.jpg
I am thinking about picking up a shock tower for it too but I hate that all of the aftermarket towers are drilled or machined for the older 6mm shock mounts.I really don't want to buy a brand new part from a reputable company and have to drill holes into it with a hand drill or drill press on my own and the holes are so close together I am afraid the material left in between them will be very thin.

I drilled my RCMax tower with no problem. Don't be scared?
It's going to take a bit for me to finish this bad boy but those are on the list along with an exhaust but I haven't made up my mind yet on the exhaust and I may wait for a DDM deal of the day.I am going to buy maybe three or four servos to have an extra on hand just in case and I may wait and see how a single servo can handle the weight of this beast.
Don't forget I have 2 pipes for sale??

I check in on both of your threads at least twice a day haha.I only ordered these because they were necessary.The center brace I broke installing the plastic one when I tightened it down the nut insert broke and the nut was spinning free inside of the brace and the inertia pull start extender looked like a good upgrade with the pull start issue you pointed out in your thread and the mudguard I have yet tried to install.

Get
I am trying to decide on whether to go with a set of Hitec 845's/840's or maybe use the newer Savox 2290.The savox is pretty impressive but quite a bit more expensive.The Savox has impressive strength and its pretty quick at .11 and handles 8.4v.The Hitecs are kind of getting my attention since I have yet to see a thread with one of them failing or not being strong enough.
Get the hitechs. Ive used them for years with zero issues. As far as any speed gains on the savox. I doubt its a improvement that would be perceptible to you, so what are you really gaining for all that extra money.

Tell me about it I haven't broken any parts assembling and disassembling my Losi at least none that I can remember right now.I am a pretty careful guy too I don't use power tools I never tighten things down too hard but things break sometimes plus I really wanted the Vertigo brace so

I got some more bits in the post today.Vertigo servo mounts and front body posts.Friday the shock covers and Vertigo quick side body mounts come in and so do all my servos.I am going to get it all buttoned up and then it will be time for an exhaust before I fire her up.I am going to hold off on the Vertigo top bellcrank plate and I know that DDM has it on sale today but it will have to wait and I also need a rear axle cover and maybe the front diff.Crucial I have you in mind for the exhaust but I am a little low on funds right now these parts aren't cheap and a turbo for my car had to be replaced so that caught me by surprise.

On another note is anyone familiar with BZM Micro exhausts?The one for the Vekta is really nice looking it caught my eye.The Boosterpipe exhaust is nice but I don't like the way it is fit together it kind of looks like the fitment wasn't done very well so that one has been taken off my list.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks