Oil/Fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In r/c boats we have to run 10 oz per gallon to get them to survive. We load them hard and constantly running 18,000 to 22,000 rpm the whole time. Oil injection is fine WHEN it works. We used to bore cylinders and install liners in engines. We bored a customers outboard engine. He runs it and seizes up. Said he was going to run it as a premix as we warned for safety. New engine done and seizes it. We look at the block and tell him to check oil reservoir because there is no oil anywhere on the parts. Checks reservoir and still full. We fixed it again and than he went premix from than on. Same for a customer who built and sold new jetskis. He would pull the oil injection systems off new skis because of too many issues with them. A set oil ratio is not always what is needed and will have factors that come into play. We kept bumping oil ratios up until a slow down in power was seen. We had started at 6 oz. per gallon and went to 10 oz as final. 6, 8, or 10 oz. was no different in power on dyno. Just more oil left in bottom end which is what you need to keep the lower rod bearing alive. 12 oz. is were power dropped. I tried what has been recommended in my Losi when I got it. Seized up a few times because lack of oil. Took the boat mix fuel can i had at 10 oz per gallon and never had issues again. Again. amount of oil should be determined by how hard and how long and the load plus rpms running at.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks