Open clutch bell carrier ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm that's a good question....probably not
I know hpi made one (not sure if they do anymore) but out of stock ??
Mmmmm that's a good question....probably not
Need a turtle bell and gear plate
K checked and it says it don't fit. But I asked ddm why exactly it don't fit, cuase i think it might have a bigger bearing so the gear plate won't fit in (if that makes sense). If so I can just open it up a wee bit and it'll fit.

Do they work with the stock clutch system?

Nope, but you can do what I did. I bought the TR race clutch carrier, bell and pinion on DDM's DOTD a while back and used a flap wheel on my dremel to open up the bearing opening on the stock tranny plate to fit the HD bearing.

You lose out on the transmission plate, but you get the benefits of not needing a spacer on the top right carrier mount and the larger clutch bearing.

Notice the bolt overlapping the oversized bearing race.

It did still end up costing $100, but the whole system was $200, and I didn't have the budget for the whole shebang. And it's still running to this day without an issue.

TR carrier.jpg

Nope, but you can do what I did. I bought the TR race clutch carrier, bell and pinion on DDM's DOTD a while back and used a flap wheel on my dremel to open up the bearing opening on the stock tranny plate to fit the HD bearing.

You lose out on the transmission plate, but you get the benefits of not needing a spacer on the top right carrier mount and the larger clutch bearing.

Notice the bolt overlapping the oversized bearing race.

View attachment 54042
Well fek I'm just Gunna do that then lol
There are some on Ebay aus100?
And another 100 to ship ???

Just save and buy th3 tr

I would agree, but if he can get the parts on DOTD and do what I did, he'll be 90% of the way there. Then, down the line, when he has the money, he can get the V2 snapper version and already have everything to run open and enclosed versions and save an extra $100 to get some other shiny bits.

He absolutely needs a metal clutch carrier right now. The plastic stock piece is nothing but shame and regret. I speak from experience... ;)

I would agree, but if he can get the parts on DOTD and do what I did, he'll be 90% of the way there. Then, down the line, when he has the money, he can get the V2 snapper version and already have everything to run open and enclosed versions and save an extra $100 to get some other shiny bits.

He absolutely needs a metal clutch carrier right now. The plastic stock piece is nothing but shame and regret. I speak from experience... ;)
? Well I need a aluminum one either way cuz I have no idea what happened to the plastic shite ?? not that I was Gunna use it anyways.

If you do go my route, take your time and use a flap wheel if possible. You want to rotate the wheel around the transmission plate to remove material as evenly as possible.

Keep fitting it along the way and adjust where you focus the wheel to make the hole as close to perfectly round as you can get it. Keep an eye on the mounting holes as you work.

Don't be in a hurry here. Take it slow and remove as little material as is possible each time you check the fit. You really want the plate to "click" into place and all the bolt holes to line up when you're done.

I won't lie, it took me a good hour+ to get the job done, but I had a lot more time than I did money that day. And I'm still enjoying the benefit of the effort.

The EAC (Easy Access Clutch) is $150 on Vertigo's site right now Z. Well, add another $20 for a pinion. So yeah...
ok so i learned marks perspective of cheap is off lol. with the tr system, can i use a stock style clutch bell n pinion or do i need their pinny n bell?
cuz if so then im better off with the ddm enclosed one cause i can use a normal cb and pinion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks