Pipes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't decide, i need one for my MCD Baja 1000, and i'm having a b!tch of a time deciding what to use.....

I know the feeling. There are so many available. I want ALOT of noise but good power as well. Oh well when I decide I will definitely let all know which 1 I used and how it performs

Thanks TONS Trip. I never noticed the 2 different type compounds on it. I switched them and it sure made a difference. I can pull the wheels off the ground now thanks to you. I also have been reading some other threads and removed my rear sway-bar and I also could tell a difference in the handling. This is an Awesome site. I'm glad I found it. Nice group of people, so far, lots of info. Thanks again, Ben

No, what pipe you got on your Berg? i have one of the 3 chamber chrome ones, man thats a quite pipe. and hella strong.
T

Thanks TONS Trip. I never noticed the 2 different type compounds on it. I switched them and it sure made a difference. I can pull the wheels off the ground now thanks to you. I also have been reading some other threads and removed my rear sway-bar and I also could tell a difference in the handling. This is an Awesome site. I'm glad I found it. Nice group of people, so far, lots of info. Thanks again, Ben

No problem, that's what we're all here for, helping each other out.

If you like the wheelies now, just wait until you put a pipe on it! Hee,Hee.

I like the looks of the tgn pipe, I am thinking about picking one up for mine. I love my jet-pro but I can't steer the damn thing, all the weight is on the back. The pipe weighs 2 pounds!!! (.5 kilos for the metric guys :) ) That is alot of weight on the rear, not to mention, the majority of the weight is above the rear tires (not so good for the center of gravity)

But good luck to you and enjoy your truck!

Trip..

P.S. Take some pics of it and post them, so we can all see them!

Last edited:
I have a DTX Firehammer MT. Im looking for a pipe that will boost bottom end. I will also be jumping the truck is there a pipe that will not likely be damaged by jumping or doing wheelies? Oh and i cannot have one of the unsilenced pipes, there too loud, my cousin has one on his baja buggy and its gotten him kicked from every place he has gone to run his buggy.

heh. no that area. theres a track going up in Jackson area at a Baja guys place.

not sure if the TGN race pipe will work with any FGs, as it was designed for the Baja. its a hella low end pipe. has pretty good mids and decent high end too.

theres a shitload of us going out to silverlake dunes the middle of june, the weekend of the 21st i think.

That TGN pipe appears to be on an fg. (first post on the second page) It looks pretty similar to the jet pro silenced version 2. I really like the spring connected header, seems like it would be a little easier to mount than my Jet pro. (I ended up stripping out the header screw holes in the head during the installation. ARRG!!! It bolted on, but never sealed correctly, so it spits oil and gunk everywhere! All the more reason I bought the 28.5 cc head kit!)

So where are you located in MI?

There is a track in the making, somewhere in Jackson? Any idea where or how to get a hold of him/them?

I thought I was the only one around here with a Large Scale??? (I know shameless plug huh,?) So I went and bought one for the woman, so I had someone to run around with.. She has the FG Bummer, yes I said Bummer ha ha!

Well, please let me know,
Thanks,
Trip..

That is a TGN on an FG, TGN made it for the Monster truck, i was wondering if the Firehammer MT was close enough to the FG monster truck that the pipe would also fit the Firehammer MT?

TGN is the only pipe maker that claims boosts to low mid and high with there Baja Race pipe. I was wondering how much did you see on the top end compared to the stock can muffler, i want lots of low end but i don't want a turtle slow buggy either. About 40mph is good enough.

That is a TGN on an FG, TGN made it for the Monster truck, i was wondering if the Firehammer MT was close enough to the FG monster truck that the pipe would also fit the Firehammer MT?

TGN is the only pipe maker that claims boosts to low mid and high with there Baja Race pipe. I was wondering how much did you see on the top end compared to the stock can muffler, i want lots of low end but i don't want a turtle slow buggy either. About 40mph is good enough.

The firehammer M/T is an fg clone, about 85% of the parts that fit the FG, will fit the hammer... A pipe made for the FG M/T will fit the hammer but be careful, because the FG gears, WILL NOT FIT THE hammer!!!!(or so I am told!) The stock plastic hammer gears don't hold up for very long (I got 5 tanks, before I blew a plastic pinion) If you have the steel gears for the hammer, you are good to go! If not be very careful about putting on an aftermarket pipe!!!

As far as a pipe, I am running a Jet Pro silenced pipe, it is a night and day difference compared to the can!!! Low end punch is gut wrenching!!! 1/4 throttle on pavement and my FG M/t WILL flip over backwards!! Now mind you though, I have a 26 Zenoah which is a little more powerful than the CY 23. But, if you can swing it, the CY 28.5 cc hop up kit, is one hell of a deal at 90 bucks, it is cheap, for the gain you will receive! I was clocked at 43 and I was still pulling, and that was with the stock 26 and the Jet-Pro, the 28.5 with the Jet-Pro would smoke the 26 all day, in low,mid and top-end. In my opinion.

As for the TGN pipe, I do not know... I have never ran one, but it looks to be a very similar pipe to the Samba. (IMO) And I have never heard a bad comment about the Samba, other than price.

If you are happy with the top end now, put a pipe on it (it doesn't really matter which one, they will make a huge difference) and smile all day long, as you blast past the little nitro trucks, with the front wheels in the air!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Trip

Last edited:
heh. no that area. theres a track going up in Jackson area at a Baja guys place.

not sure if the TGN race pipe will work with any FGs, as it was designed for the Baja. its a hella low end pipe. has pretty good mids and decent high end too.

theres a shitload of us going out to silverlake dunes the middle of june, the weekend of the 21st i think.

Can you PM me and throw me a phone number, so I can make arrangements with my schedule?

Thanks,
Trip..

you think the heat from the clutch bell could be taking out the pinion gear? I was planning on putting the Cat 5 steel 16/48 gears on there, you say these will not fit? or is it the stock FG gears that will not fit?

Ive heard of the diff and gear trouble, i can see how that would happen if you left it the way mine came from the factory, the motor and transmission gear was totally sideways only connecting about have to the trans gear to the diff gear. I straighten it up and adjusted the mesh. it seems to be fine now. Ive seen why people have problems with the gears on there fgs if they drive anything like the dude in the Video on www.FG-hopups.com on the Firehammer page. that guy is just trying to kill the gears on that truck. Full throttle landings and donuts. ok back to pipes

So you think the TGN pipe may fit the truck i see that i will need to find a spot for the front mount, the front shock towers are different between the FGMT and the FHMT. other than that it looks like it will go, but im still worried about the body clearing the pipe i could end up with a total mess if my body gets onto the pipe as it is plastic and not lexan. My truck is the Smartech version of the many many clone FGMTs. Thats the only difference between my truck and the others is the thick plastic body. if that gets on the pipe i might end up with soup.

you think the heat from the clutch bell could be taking out the pinion gear? I was planning on putting the Cat 5 steel 16/48 gears on there, you say these will not fit? or is it the stock FG gears that will not fit?

Ive heard of the diff and gear trouble, i can see how that would happen if you left it the way mine came from the factory, the motor and transmission gear was totally sideways only connecting about have to the trans gear to the diff gear. I straighten it up and adjusted the mesh. it seems to be fine now. Ive seen why people have problems with the gears on there fgs if they drive anything like the dude in the Video on www.FG-hopups.com on the Firehammer page. that guy is just trying to kill the gears on that truck. Full throttle landings and donuts. ok back to pipes

So you think the TGN pipe may fit the truck i see that i will need to find a spot for the front mount, the front shock towers are different between the FGMT and the FHMT. other than that it looks like it will go, but im still worried about the body clearing the pipe i could end up with a total mess if my body gets onto the pipe as it is plastic and not lexan. My truck is the Smartech version of the many many clone FGMTs. Thats the only difference between my truck and the others is the thick plastic body. if that gets on the pipe i might end up with soup.

OK, I know the stock FG gears will not fit the f/h but I do not know about the cat 5's never tried them... But I was told the Cat 5 are a direct replacement for the stock FG gears... I'm sorry,:no: I bailed on the Smartech, (I had the XTM Grizzly, which Global is about to re-release, in case anyone cares) Soon after I bought it because, I couldn't find upgraded gear sets! I wish I could answer your question about that. The pinion gear may fail from clutch heat, but mine stripped from holeshots and tall grass, but may have been from a heat related issue... Hmm, something to ponder over. All I can say is study the cat's and see if they appear to be the same for your application.

The pipe... I forgot about how low the body on the F/H sits... You might want to look at a pipe for the FG Stadium Truck??? Totally different pipe, but may work for your application... The FG S/T is slammed down to the chassis, so a pipe made for the ST may work better. Ask the guys at WWW.LARGESCALERC.COM they used to sell the smartech trucks last year, they could probably give you more info than I can. Or perhaps an FG body mount kit??? If it would work, it would raise the body, perhaps it may raise the body enough for the TGN pipe???

Ask them about the gears too!

C'mon guys, give us a hand, we're stumped!

Hope this helps a little,

Trip..

looks like i might have to dump the Smartech and get a used up FGMT from ebay, i cant afford a new one. That way there wont be any question about if it will fit or not, i will know for sure it will fit or if it wont.

I know the DDM pipe will fit either the top end or the torque pipe but i cannot deal with that loud pipe, we have gotten banned from every place we have found to run these things because of my cousins DDM pipe on his Baja Buggy.

well, thanks for trying to help maybe next time ill give you something you can work with.

looks like i might have to dump the Smartech and get a used up FGMT from ebay, i cant afford a new one. That way there wont be any question about if it will fit or not, i will know for sure it will fit or if it wont.

I know the DDM pipe will fit either the top end or the torque pipe but i cannot deal with that loud pipe, we have gotten banned from every place we have found to run these things because of my cousins DDM pipe on his Baja Buggy.

well, thanks for trying to help maybe next time ill give you something you can work with.

If the DDM pipe will work on your truck, the Jet-Pro silenced will work! They are damn near the same size... The silenced Jet-Pro is really a quiet pipe by comparison, not much louder than a stock spark arrestor, little bit snappier and not as, "Bass-ie". No deep, low bass vibration sound, more like a poppy/snappy sound, but still not loud. The unsilenced Jet-Pro or the DDM pipe is like, borderline ear piercing painful noise/sound! The silenced pipe has fiberglass packing in the pipe to reduce noise, similar to a, "Glass pack" muffler on a car. Quieter than open headers but a little louder than stock. Now this is a very vague example, because I don't know how to put this sound into words, but it is much less extreme of a noise, than an open pipe, such as the DDM etc.

I am not dogging on the DDM pipe by any means, I have an internet buddy that swears by it (he lives in the deserts of Arizona) We switched pipes through the mail (what a long week that was) and I tried the DDM torque pipe... It was very punchy, but was so damn loud that, I felt that I needed ear plugs to run my truck! The DDM has a bit more low end snap, but it was just too damn loud for my taste. He said the same but oppisite... he said, "It runs great, but when it is 200 feet away, I can't tell if it is running".
He lives in the desert and I live in the suburbs... So you make the call.

If you want to keep your truck, do so. If you want an FG, from :2guns: EvilBay... Then do that. But remember, most of the crap you see on :2guns: EvilBay, is blown out crap that someone has destroyed!!!!!

Just remember, every time you are bummed with your truck, there is always a T-Maxx or a Savage you can play tag with! 40 mph speed bumps are a blast! As long as your truck doesn't have a glow plug, you are cool in my book!!!

We're all pullin' for ya!

Trip..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks