post your mcd pics here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go man hope this helps :cool2:
Hurricain

Hurricain,

How old is your Truck? I called Largescalerc and Scott said that the older ones came with the limiter caps and that it is possible that MCD is leaving them off the newer trucks as people have complained? My Truck was bought a few days before Christmas.

I now have 2 holes in the side covers from the wheels rubbing. Only problem other than left rear hub was cracked upon arival of truck.

Thanks

Mine is less than a year old. The guys a largescale are real good at taken care of their customers so if the truck was damaged do to a missing part I would think they would take care of the damage and replace the missing parts/limiters. Is the little stud there where they go?
Thanks
Hurricain

The studs are their, in fact there were limiters at one point because I can see where the screws were screwed in and made threads. They told me to just install fuel line to use as a limiter and that most people just remove them due to limiting turning.

I called Largescalerc and got no where. I was disappointed with that as I spent over 3K with the EPS 30.5 ported/stuffed crank engine, 3 servo's, outerwear’s and air filter and they installed all parts. I dought an extra battery, steel gears 23/26, extra 27/36 gears. I would like to purchase the alum gear holder assy and radio plate, and some stadium truck tires. I may just order form KingCobra direct.

Thanks Hurricane for your help.

Well I would bug them every day and light a fire under their ass. I am very disappointed that they are doing you that way. it does not mater what some people do. I have not taking them of mine. and if they were shorted they owe you them and they should repair any damage because of it. I smell a lawsuit. :no:

Hurricane

I have not received my Amex bill yet and could call them to dispute the charges and hold all monies till I get a resolution. LargescaleRC helped when I first opened the box and found the left rear hub broken and sent out for sat delivery, received truck Thrusday after Christmas, I aso bought another $94 worth of gears and ball ends that break often just to help off set the cost to them and free shipping for me.

I email'd MCD directly to see what they say and if they would help.

Thanks
:no:

MCD 4x4 truck, First off, i'm sorry you are having problams.

Second. I HIGHLY doubt you "got nowhere" with Largescale rc, you may not have gotten the answer you wanted to hear, but what do you want them to do, send you free parts to fix a problam that is apparent that MCD is not putting the limiters on these new trucks? Make your own, most of us have had to fix or do some small modifications to brand new vehicles.

Third off, don't threaten to NOT pay them on this forum, they are a highly respected business on this forum, and i can tell you it will NOT get you any good responces or replys on future threads, and should not be posted in this particular thread.

Hurrican, i doubt a lawsuit would be worth a few missing parts. I have dealt with a few lawsuits, and it cost 5 times more than you ever end up getting back.

I personnally think you will find the answer you seek, but not here bashing on your MCD. Call, Call, Call MCD, but don't bash on Largescale RC, from my 6 vehicle purchases, and more parts than i can mention, i have had 100% satisfaction, and i know dozens and dozens that will also chime in about their great purchases.

they are a highly respected business on this forum, and i can tell you it will NOT get you any good responces or replys on future threads, and should not be posted in this particular thread.

i know dozens and dozens that will also chime in about their great purchases.

Just chiming in to say I don't condone with holding payment but the bloke has every right to have his say if he thinks the vendor is not all they could have been. But then again I'm not a fan of largescalerc in any way, shape or form so it may be a jaded view, but its just as valid a view as someone who is totally pro largescalerc. I note that for their all their greatness they do not sponsor the site... :no:

MCD 4x4 truck, First off, i'm sorry you are having problams.

Second. I HIGHLY doubt you "got nowhere" with Largescale rc, you may not have gotten the answer you wanted to hear, but what do you want them to do, send you free parts to fix a problam that is apparent that MCD is not putting the limiters on these new trucks? Make your own, most of us have had to fix or do some small modifications to brand new vehicles.

Third off, don't threaten to NOT pay them on this forum, they are a highly respected business on this forum, and i can tell you it will NOT get you any good responces or replys on future threads, and should not be posted in this particular thread.

Hurrican, i doubt a lawsuit would be worth a few missing parts. I have dealt with a few lawsuits, and it cost 5 times more than you ever end up getting back.

I personnally think you will find the answer you seek, but not here bashing on your MCD. Call, Call, Call MCD, but don't bash on Largescale RC, from my 6 vehicle purchases, and more parts than i can mention, i have had 100% satisfaction, and i know dozens and dozens that will also chime in about their great purchases.

NoMoa

If you would have read all my posts regarding this, you would have seen that Largescale RC has made the effort the first time I had an issue when I received my Truck, by shipping out a hub that was broken upon receiving my truck, I have also made an effort to help them out by purchasing extra parts to help off set the cost of shipping on the hub.

I am not out for free parts. I do however feel that if a part was missing and it has the evidence of being removed prior to me receiving the Truck(they had installed the engine, Jetpro pipe, servo's and linkage) I would assume that they removed the limiters due to having complaints from customers that their Truck has limited turning, I can understand that, but the best approach is to put together a flyer in the box with all your paperwork stating to improve turning one can remove the limiters but with knowing that doing so will also let the tires rub the frame and both skirts and wear a hole in both.

I've spent a lot of money and feel that it should have been handled differently, (Yes their are people out their that are looking for free parts from suppliers all the time), I am not that type of person, But their is also good customer service which is the way to build a business.

I have sent an email to MCD and awaiting response. :helpsmilie:

I never bashed on MCD or Largescale RC.

I was told by Largescale RC to just use fuel tubing to make limiters, but no luck on damaged parts.

NoMoa, sounds like you need to read what was stated and not read between the lines. First off you can not stop payment but rather have the credit card company help if the consumer is in the right and help the business if they are in the right. I stated I could contact the credit card company, never stated I did or am.

Lighten UP NoMoa

I'm not new to RC, I have been in to RC since 1980, several planes, 1/10 electric, 1/8 nitro and now 1/5 gas.

Thanks to all :white-flag:

support

Large Scale are good guys . Very helpfull and honest .
HOW Can you blame the LSRC if the MCD does not include the parts from the get go.???
Contact the factory and if there is a reason why the parts were not included buy the parts. MAKE IT this hobby requires a bit of handiness and its fun to do

be nice to people and don't threaten anyone especially the Good guys at LS Rc.
regards

NoMoa

If you would have read all my posts regarding this, you would have seen that Largescale RC has made the effort the first time I had an issue when I received my Truck, by shipping out a hub that was broken upon receiving my truck, I have also made an effort to help them out by purchasing extra parts to help off set the cost of shipping on the hub.

I am not out for free parts. I do however feel that if a part was missing and it has the evidence of being removed prior to me receiving the Truck(they had installed the engine, Jetpro pipe, servo's and linkage) I would assume that they removed the limiters due to having complaints from customers that their Truck has limited turning, I can understand that, but the best approach is to put together a flyer in the box with all your paperwork stating to improve turning one can remove the limiters but with knowing that doing so will also let the tires rub the frame and both skirts and wear a hole in both.

I've spent a lot of money and feel that it should have been handled differently, (Yes their are people out their that are looking for free parts from suppliers all the time), I am not that type of person, But their is also good customer service which is the way to build a business.

I have sent an email to MCD and awaiting response. :helpsmilie:

I never bashed on MCD or Largescale RC.

I was told by Largescale RC to just use fuel tubing to make limiters, but no luck on damaged parts.

NoMoa, sounds like you need to read what was stated and not read between the lines. First off you can not stop payment but rather have the credit card company help if the consumer is in the right and help the business if they are in the right. I stated I could contact the credit card company, never stated I did or am.

Lighten UP NoMoa

I'm not new to RC, I have been in to RC since 1980, several planes, 1/10 electric, 1/8 nitro and now 1/5 gas.

Thanks to all :white-flag:

:yawn:

oh ya, and as for me lightening up, feel free to :badair: ;)

Hurricane

I have not received my Amex bill yet and could call them to dispute the charges and hold all monies till I get a resolution.

When I got my truck and pulled it out of the box it had cuts in one of the tires it look like a machine of some kind did it. and they had no problem taken care of it. I have always thought they were the greatest but I am sad to hear they are not going to take care of this after it was evident that they were taking off. They probably have them lying in a box there. and I think someone needs to take a chill pill :nono:

largescalerc has always been great to me

Largescalerc.com has been good to buy from. I have spoken with Scott many times and have purchased several hundred dollars worth of items from them. I have had more issues with King Cobra hop ups and sourcing them than anything else. You can try buying from KCR direct, but good luck. They didn't even answer my emails. I have done a large KCR/MCD alloy parts install on my truck, and it was done with some parts from largescalerc, and others purchased from a UK retailer.

One of my KCR hopups had 4mm ball joints where they should have had 5mm balljoints (rear chassis stifffener). Another didn't include proper length screws or the proper aluminum spacer (front chassis stiffener), and I had to dremel out the right side of the aluminum side shield to allow the lower engine plate bolt to clear. I would have thought that a company making a comprehensive line of aluminum items for a vehicle would have engineered them to all work together. They need to work on their part packing accuracy as well.

Here are a couple pics of the truck. Basically finished. Waiting on aluminum hubs, front and rear. I am going to do a thread on this truck with more pics when I get the time.

MCDMTa.JPG

MCDMT1a.JPG

Hi there

How much weight did you add to the chassis ??

LOOKS GREAT and I bet you its stronger too.

can you post better pics pls to see the details...
cheers

Largescalerc.com has been good to buy from. I have spoken with Scott many times and have purchased several hundred dollars worth of items from them. I have had more issues with King Cobra hop ups and sourcing them than anything else. You can try buying from KCR direct, but good luck. They didn't even answer my emails. I have done a large KCR/MCD alloy parts install on my truck, and it was done with some parts from largescalerc, and others purchased from a UK retailer.

One of my KCR hopups had 4mm ball joints where they should have had 5mm balljoints (rear chassis stifffener). Another didn't include proper length screws or the proper aluminum spacer (front chassis stiffener), and I had to dremel out the right side of the aluminum side shield to allow the lower engine plate bolt to clear. I would have thought that a company making a comprehensive line of aluminum items for a vehicle would have engineered them to all work together. They need to work on their part packing accuracy as well.

Here are a couple pics of the truck. Basically finished. Waiting on aluminum hubs, front and rear. I am going to do a thread on this truck with more pics when I get the time.

MCDMTa.JPG

MCDMT1a.JPG

MAN - have you any idea of how many money you have spend on this wonder

man that looks the goods thats for sure, is that a stock roll cage with the colour removed and polished up?

Hi M-man,
Yes, it is the stock roll cage stripped with lye/water and just hand polished. The two steering servo horns were blue anodized, and I did them as well. I couldn't figure out if the stock piece was painted or anodized. Either way the lye and water worked. I guess anodized since the lye took it off.
Dave

Last edited:
How much weight did you add to the chassis ??

LOOKS GREAT and I bet you its stronger too.

can you post better pics pls to see the details...
cheers

Hi Easy,
You know, I don't really think it adds a lot of weight. I guess that the pieces adding the most are the inner/outer bulks front/rear, and the body post holders. The front brush bar/"4X4" combo was there was there when I bought it.
Dave

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks