Proline desperado wheels on 5t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I've seen the proline desperado rims for the hpi 5b/5t... will the front "designated" wheels work on the losi 5t? Its a simpler design than the 2.0 design and its cheaper than losi branded wheels. DDM states that losi 5t hardware and bead locks work with these so its a step in the right directiondesperado 2main.jpg

I've seen the proline desperado rims for the hpi 5b/5t... will the front "designated" wheels work on the losi 5t? Its a simpler design than the 2.0 design and its cheaper than losi branded wheels. DDM states that losi 5t hardware and bead locks work with these so its a step in the right directionView attachment 65421
Baja 5t front is the same as Losi 5t front and rear so yes it should work .

Just had to ask Z (y)...Ddm is usually good with interchange but these don't have it...i was unsure if hpi for some odd reason used different hub sizes

those look good ..how is the wheels holding up? I would assume its the same material as the desperado.. im only asking because I came across a picture on Google images and it cracked pretty bad but it was probably user error

I've got them on my unfinished roller 5ive, sorry probably not the picture you were looking for since there's no body. I have an old set of RC4WD Mickey Thompson MTZ's mounted on them.

Just a bit of warning. Rovan/Kingmotor/Xmaxx and other clone brands made a copy of this wheel, but the offset is not the same. I have original proline and the copies. The copied version has a narrower offset and when you tighten the wheel nut it doesn't seat against the wheels properly leaving a lot of play. The original prolines seat perfectly. It's not a quality issue, just an offset issue. They seem to be only an issue on the 5ive as I have the clones mounted on my HPI Baja and Losi DBXL without issues. The threads on the 5ive's hub nuts don't seem to go deep enough. BTW, better grab the proline desperados while you still can, they were discontinued a long time ago and DDM seems to be the only place that still carries them. Maybe old stock? The clones have held up just as well as the Prolines, major differences being the offset I mentioned, no metal ring around the inner hub for reinforcement and the webbing isn't as aggressive which means overall not as strong. I have yet to break a single one of the clones though.

Attachments

• lo3.jpg
    lo3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 8
  • lo2.jpg
    lo2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
  • bk4.jpg
    bk4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks