Pull Start ripped out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torred

Went to my rig last week & the rope pulled out without too much effort. Took it apart & the knot had come undone. Tied a knot, pulled it with pliers to make sure it's really tight & but they kept slipping off. It pulled out again. The hell with messing with it further. Can I get some basic braided steel cable & crimp the engine end? Or would I be better off buying the killer rc cable?

When you make a knot, you also need to burn it a little bit with a lighter. It will never come undone again ??
Make sure you trim the "dead" end of the knot down to the knot itself. When you burn it, the plastic in the coating will melt the end of the rope to the plastic in the knot itself. Just singing the end won't really help if it's not melted into the knot.

I also put a tiny flat washer on the rope where the knot rides in the handle ,that is if your using the plastic or rubber
type pull handle!

Sorry, didn't clarify. It pulled out of the engine side of pull start. The handle ripped out last year. I double knot that & it hasn't come undone yet. Anyways, tried fixing it today & after a few attempts at getting the number of windings right, got it with minimal slack. Pulled it to prime the engine, all good. Ripped it to start & the knot just ripped completely off. I had the knot real tight & did the lighter thing. So, screw it, I'll get some cable now. 1/8" be good?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks