Pulled the trigger on a Losi 5ive-T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpine4

I just pulled the trigger on 5ive-T 2.0. So stoked to drive this truck! I will be purchasing a Killer Bee kill switch and Reaction lipo from DDM. I can see DDM is going to take a lot of my money. For the Kill switch do I need the super bee remote? I will be getting ethanol free fuel and some good two stroke oil and ratio cup. Any suggestions for brand of oil? I bought Spektrum DX5C radio, I use spektrum for my RC helis. I hear there not as great for ground radios but will upgrade when I learn more about the truck. Anything else I am missing?

I use spektrum for my helis as well, return the dx5c and buy a futaba for land use. Lot less hassle with the kill switches.
I could not agree with you more.

Spektrum are fine radios for 1/10th and 1/8th scale RC's. But I had to much trouble getting them to work with kill switches and other issues on the larger 1/5th RC's I've had.

Went with a Futaba 4PL and haven't looked back... amazing radio indeed.

Complete agreement with everyone above. It took me weeks to figure out how to use the killswitch on the Spektrum DX6R and I thought I'd have to sell it (and likely a heavy loss because of the $500) because Kent at Killer RC didn't use it so he didn't have instructions and I was getting pissed. Out of curiosity, I called DDM to see if they knew the way and Tada, it works so its possible if you have the spektrum six channel but it sucks. I have a spektrum on the Rovan, and think i'll replace that with a futaba 4 channel w/telemetry.

Complete agreement with everyone above. It took me weeks to figure out how to use the killswitch on the Spektrum DX6R and I thought I'd have to sell it (and likely a heavy loss because of the $500) because Kent at Killer RC didn't use it so he didn't have instructions and I was getting pissed. Out of curiosity, I called DDM to see if they knew the way and Tada, it works so its possible if you have the spektrum six channel but it sucks. I have a spektrum on the Rovan, and think i'll replace that with a futaba 4 channel w/telemetry.

Could you elaborate on what DDM told you about the spektrum radios?

That is a really good entry level radio.It doesn't have many bells and whistles but it's pretty much all you need if you don't plan on running winches,lights or any other accessories.The futabas work great with the kill switches.The spektrums work also from what a few users on here have posted if you use the 6 channel Rx but you will have to talk to one of them to make sure.

How is this battery? I have a ICharger with EC3 squids from my helis.
http://www.davesmotors.com/Reaction-7-4V-5200mAh-15C-2S-LiPo-Battery-EC3-DYNB0500.html
I have been looking at Killer RC batteries but don't know what charging connector I need? Do I need a balance board to?
That is a really good entry level radio.It doesn't have many bells and whistles but it's pretty much all you need if you don't plan on running winches,lights or any other accessories.The futabas work great with the kill switches.The spektrums work also from what a few users on here have posted if you use the 6 channel Rx but you will have to talk to one of them to make sure.
Damn a 6 channel radio form Spektrum is not cheap. Who can I talk too about spektrum radios? Or just return the radio and get futaba with receiver. I assume I attach servos and killer bee cables to the receiver and bind the futaba radio and that's it?

Last edited:
I have a 3pv it's great for a 1/5 scale. Its s direct swap. Font need to bind if you buy a radio with a rx. They come bound from the factory (at least mine did) just set up your radio and your done. Very simple to do on the 3pv.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks