Pulled the trigger on a Losi 5ive-T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled the trigger on 5ive-T 2.0. So stoked to drive this truck! I will be purchasing a Killer Bee kill switch and Reaction lipo from DDM. I can see DDM is going to take a lot of my money. For the Kill switch do I need the super bee remote? I will be getting ethanol free fuel and some good two stroke oil and ratio cup. Any suggestions for brand of oil? I bought Spektrum DX5C radio, I use spektrum for my RC helis. I hear there not as great for ground radios but will upgrade when I learn more about the truck. Anything else I am missing?
The first one is the best one
Yeah futaba 4pls is a good radio that's what I use

Attachments

• 20200129_174735.jpg
    20200129_174735.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Just got the truck today, pulled the hood off and took a nice look. Daman what did I get myself into. I see you need to pull four bolts to remove the hood. Do the bolts need to be re installed for driving? Doesn't say anything in the manual.

As others have said, take an hour or two and familiarize yourself with it and go over it. Grab some blue loctite and loctite any screws that are aluminum to aluminum. Get your grub screws tight and loctite them.

Congrats on your purchase, you will love it

How is this battery? I have a ICharger with EC3 squids from my helis.
http://www.davesmotors.com/Reaction-7-4V-5200mAh-15C-2S-LiPo-Battery-EC3-DYNB0500.html
I have been looking at Killer RC batteries but don't know what charging connector I need? Do I need a balance board to?

Damn a 6 channel radio form Spektrum is not cheap. Who can I talk too about spektrum radios? Or just return the radio and get futaba with receiver. I assume I attach servos and killer bee cables to the receiver and bind the futaba radio and that's it?
Same process for all the spectrum remotes too, I don't understand why so many haters of spectrum remotes...I have multiple 1/5 scale trucks not to seem bragging but I exclusively use spectrum simply because I have so many hanging around the “old” type which use DSM technology is what I use... binds and is very easily established....

Same process for all the spectrum remotes too, I don't understand why so many haters of spectrum remotes...I have multiple 1/5 scale trucks not to seem bragging but I exclusively use spectrum simply because I have so many hanging around the “old” type which use DSM technology is what I use... binds and is very easily established....
Great that what I kind of thought. All the good futaba models are on backorder right now. To impatient to wait. You mind if I can ask you some questions about setting up my radio for killer bee kill switch? Super stoked to drive this truck!
As others have said, take an hour or two and familiarize yourself with it and go over it. Grab some blue loctite and loctite any screws that are aluminum to aluminum. Get your grub screws tight and loctite them.

Congrats on your purchase, you will love it
Copy that will do. I have some blue loctite from all the my helis. At some point I need to get a work stand.

I would assume because it's the "old"technology is why you've not had issues. I'm not a hater I run a DX6i for all my helis, love it. Just would run one on land based rc. The kill switch issues are just a pia I didnt need, especially since I have futaba radios anyway. It all comes down to preference. I have spektrum, futaba and flysky radios. If I had endless money I'd have a better futaba for my rock crawler, but range isnt really an issue as you don't get too far away from them. So flysky fit the bill.

i run the 2x old dx3's with no issues ?there on my hyper7.5 annnnd ....can't remember the other...?...? ...but as mr cb said I'd never run a newer specky on a petrol 1/5th...too much hassel ? ...i also run futuba 4px and 2x cheapo flyskys gt3b's ?..which.....for there 25 quid asking price :oops: ..r awseome tx/rx set up's..imo?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks