Pulling the trigger on a OBR 34 reed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only reason I want them is because I like having the gear cover on. Im not a fan of the blackbone design not having the gear cover.

So If I order the 100 or 110 octane modded engine, am I gonna have any issues with the stock pullstarter? Assuming they bump the compression up?
I run VPc12

I was impatient and didn’t want to wait on the taylor 35 to come out. Lol I love the obr though. Cant go wrong. Anything bigger than the 34 youll need to upgrade the entire tranny.

Do you wish you got the 35 or big bore?
Nah the 34ss is a better engine than the 35 in terms of performance and reliability. The 35 v2 should be coming out soon which may bring it close to equal to the 34ss. I’m not into the big bore poop tried it but it wasn’t for me🤷‍♂️
Notice anything with the "more" balanced crank? I'm only saying as the stock one has to be within some degree of balance as it would just come apart.
This is the second 34ss I’ve owned. This one I have with the balanced crankshaft hits higher rpm’s then my last engine and feels faster. There’s alot of variables obviously but I’m a believer

Last edited:
Nah the 34ss is a better engine than the 35 in terms of performance and reliability. The 35 v2 should be coming out soon which may bring it close to equal to the 34ss. I’m not into the big bore poop tried it but it wasn’t for me🤷‍♂️

This is the second 34ss I’ve owned. This one I have with the balanced crankshaft hits higher rpm’s then my last engine and feels faster. There’s alot of variables obviously but I’m a believer
it is alot of money and for the amount of use its gonna get i probably should just get the 34ss. but il probably want a big bore later lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks