Rampage MT & Rampage XB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running the excavators with good results and I've the hostile ats on my tt...
I made some straps to limit suspension travel with the phatdad kits, made alu ends and then used some doubled over 5000lb strapping, adjusted them in place and got the missus to sticth em on her sewing machine. they not only limit travl but hold evrything in place when a lower arm gets broken and stops the shocks from being bent
dsc00147wv6.jpg

dsc00150qd0.jpg

I like those limiters moo! Since I don't have any nylon, a wife that sews, or nice aluminum pieces like you have, I'll have to go a different route.

I now have the rear end back together. I'll be pulling the engine out next to put screen around the flywheel. After that comes the shocks and shock limiters. I also need to paint the darn body. I must be the slowest person working on an RC.

Found some more time to work tonight. Pulled out the engine and gear plate. Easiest engine I've taken from a vehicle. I've had no problem with any screws on the vehicle with regards to removal. The toughest ones were the muffler screws. Those things were torqued down well. It took me longer to get those screws out than removing the roll cage, gear plate, and engine.

I have the Fast Eddy bearing kit that I will be installing for the alloy plate.

While the engine is out, I'll also be completing the "screen" mod to keep rocks out of the flywheel.

More pics:

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

All back together and with DarkSoul beadlocks and Hostile ATs.

Paint, shocks, and DDM pipe are next. Then it should be ready to go.

IMG_6851.jpg

Good looking wheel & tire setup.....Now for the body....
Your coming along quit nicely.....Best to you on your project..Slawhammer

Thanks guys. Going to start the shocks this evening. Hopefully get those straightened out. I think I might order the steel gears from Himoto this weekend. Redcat is supposed to have them out but who knows when that might be.

I've never had good luck with plastic gears on the Firehammer MT or the Baja. I melt them (baja) or rocks tear them up (firehammer).

nice looking truck u got there quick sugestion u should change the plastic pin braces for alum pin braces the plastic ones have a little plastic shim that slides in from the bottem to hold them the alum has screws i found with mine my braces broke cracking my gear cases which snapped my dog bones it was really annoying cheers mate

nice looking truck u got there quick sugestion u should change the plastic pin braces for alum pin braces the plastic ones have a little plastic shim that slides in from the bottem to hold them the alum has screws i found with mine my braces broke cracking my gear cases which snapped my dog bones it was really annoying cheers mate

Thanks paolo, i was thinking about getting the ramtech ones sometime this month. Does it require two per end? Or just one for the front and one for the rear?

there's a really easy quick fix for the arm pin braces that most of us have done, drill out the little nipples that locate the brace in the chassis, drill all the way thru, countersink the 2 holes in the chassis and then bolt them up, works a treat and costs nothing. It also allows the removal of the lower arms and pins without having to loosen the lower diff to chassis screws.

DSC00540.gif

Painted the MT body orange. It was a pretty quick throw it together job since this body material supposedly sucks any way. Funny it's a GM product. Good ol' "Government Motors". No offense to you American car boys. I'm just not an American car fan.

I still have to mount the body on somehow. Not sure whether to slam it which would entail trimming it all the way around except for the wheel wells. I'll have to think about it. The mounting of the Dominator was a female dog. No other words for it. The mounts I had to bend in a vice so that they would conform to the how the pipe runs along the side. The bolts that were included also were too damn short (thanks DDM) to run through the pipe mounts into the included chassis mounts. Thankfully I had some that worked perfect that were several mm's longer.

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

Hey CSP..Looks good..you will see it just fine from a distance......
your almost ready to fire it up....Best to you my friend..Slawhammer

Thanks Slaw. I've dropped and modified the body a whole bunch so it sits lower. Going to put the radio stuff in next. Pulled off the DS decal and put in the bed. I have to find better decals. I don't see any decals any where that I like. I'm sick of flames for sure. Nothing really great out there. Probably just leave it orange and let it be.

***RANT***
Ordered a kill switch for it a couple days ago (17th). Guess what? I get an e-mail today telling me they are out of town (at Silver Lake Baja Bash) and won't ship it until next Tuesday. Hey! Here's a #%#&ing idea, put it ON YOUR WEBSITE so people know that you won't ship out for DAYS. Don't e-mail me 2 days later to let me know after I have already paid. Love it.
***END RANT***

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks