Rampage MT & Rampage XB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it's just a 1/16" ferrule and stop set. The cable is separate and (1/16" strand steel rope) was also from the hardware store and they sold it cheaply by the foot. I don't think I paid any more than 7 bucks altogether.

they look alot quicker to make than mine did, i spent hours drilling and filing my tabs.

dsc00150qd0.jpg

Moo, did you go all the way thought the next bar with your screw or just the 1st? Has anyone found the screw pulling bad with the screw only through one area?
Just wondering.

Moo, did you go all the way thought the next bar with your screw or just the 1st? Has anyone found the screw pulling bad with the screw only through one area?
Just wondering.

That was my thought exactly when I was drilling mine. I just threw a nut on the other side to be done with it. I guess I'll find out!

Could make a piece of metal the length of the inside of the arm hole. Then drill a hole in the back of the plate for the bolt to go through, and wire tie the sides so it cannot fall on the ends. This might keep the bolt from moving side to side?

Is it too much stress on the shock bottom to add a piece of silicone tubing below the shaft plunger so that the plunger cannot bottom out? THis would only allow the shock to extend what you want. I'm not sure about the shocks but most have a nut on the top so that the plunger cannot come off the top. Just an idea?

I like the first idea, the second idea, I hate shocks, i hate assembling them, setting them up, bleeding them, and putting them together.

I may have to get a small bit of metal to try it out I think that is a good idea.

On another note, Python Motorsports is having a killer sale on alloy arms for the Rampage. Less than 60 bucks and you can have front and rear lower arms. I ordered some....I wish someone made a taller shock tower. That would help the droop issue immensely!

Would it fit under the body if were higher? If so, I wonder how hard it would be to make an adapter to raise it without making a completely new tower?
It looks like there is a lot of room on the rear plate that one could make up an adapter plate to raise the shocks higher?

Would it fit under the body if were higher? If so, I wonder how hard it would be to make an adapter to raise it without making a completely new tower?
It looks like there is a lot of room on the rear plate that one could make up an adapter plate to raise the shocks higher?

I think it would be fairly easy for those with the material and tools and time (maybe Ramtech......Python?!?!)

Moo- can you take a pic of your fuel lines. How are you running them? I just melted them again, this time on the engine itself. I did your fuel cap mod, works great!

Hey CS
I was looking on DDM's site at the rampage MT with the TT upgrade kit.Would you advise it and what are the pro's and cons on them? I just fancy one to see what a 4x4 is like off road.
cheers James.

Hey CS
I was looking on DDM's site at the rampage MT with the TT upgrade kit.Would you advise it and what are the pro's and cons on them? I just fancy one to see what a 4x4 is like off road.
cheers James.

Hi James-

I would go with the TT and the upgrade kit with pipe. The monster tires are just too heavy, unless you are really wanting a monster truck.

My own opinions. I would check out the Redcatrampageforum.com as well for other opinions.

Pro's:
4wd, cheap parts, great all around bash vehicle, some good Redcat brand aftermarket parts, Baja wheels/tires fit with the HPI axle.

Con's: gears go bad easily (fix for this though), shock shafts are weak, bodies are weak, shocks are too long for the vehicle it needs either higher shock towers or shorter shocks.

The cons are pretty easy to take care of with steel gears or running the plastic without a gear cover, change shocks shafts to HPI Baja 6mm shock shafts and replace the rear MT shock body with the Baja front shock body and move the Rampage rear shocks to the front. Use what you have in the upgrade kit and open the diffs up and replace the gears with the upgrade gears. Heat up the new diff cups to blue and let them cool to harden them.

All in all, you don't have to do any of those things (shocks probably not really necessary but if you bash hard, expect to bend a shaft), but the diff cups and heat treating them is probably a good idea. Check screws over, etc. I think it's pretty much like any rc, you have to fix some stuff to make it more reliable.

Scan through my thread, I pretty much shared everything I've done to it. It was a little time consuming for me (about 6 weeks total), but with little kids, my time is pretty limited to work and run them.

DDM has a great price. Make certain there is a place you can get parts unless ordering them all the time doesn't bother you any.

Put the steel gears on it. I hope the darn things last. Clubin had some issues with his wearing out. Himoto might not have heat treated them. I heated mine up to blue so hopefully that helps. I ran them on Sunday for about 5 minutes and all seemed good.

Went out for an excellent run today and broke my first diff cup. No tempered ones in stock at RampageHopUps, dangit. I'll have to do my own. :(

IMG_7549.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

Great thread, tons of information. Just purchased a TT should arrive in a few days. Could you show pics of tempering the diff cups? Haven't really seen a step by step on it yet. Not really sure the whole process. Thanks again, learned alot from this thread.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks