Rampage MT & Rampage XB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My next project is to change out the body to a TT and adding an HPI Baja wing.

I ran a tank through it on Saturday and found the 23cc is a dog. I'm going to upgrade it to a 26cc with a head kit I already own. When I finished running I found that the nut that holds on the B/C gears really tightened up. It was so bad it would barely move forward. Loosened it up and it rolls perfectly smooth.

haha that might contribute to the 23cc being a dog... I like the buggy bodies. it keeps more crap out

well as much as I have bashed the redcat mt and buiggy I owned, I have another redcat rally coming. I really miss it. it handled amazingly well out of the box. I'll just have to order all my parts from Himoto (at least they have the parts I want listed on their site, emailing them was a frustrating experience)

haha that might contribute to the 23cc being a dog... I like the buggy bodies. it keeps more crap out

well as much as I have bashed the redcat mt and buiggy I owned, I have another redcat rally coming. I really miss it. it handled amazingly well out of the box. I'll just have to order all my parts from Himoto (at least they have the parts I want listed on their site, emailing them was a frustrating experience)

I thought that might have been the problem with the 23 running kinda blah, but the last time I drove it over to check the exhaust bolts, I pushed it over to my tools and it rolled smoothly. I probably should replace that nut.

Isn't Vancouver carrying the parts? What about DDM?

Rally has been discontinued by Redcat. HSP still makes it and Himoto are the only parts supplier. Maybe I can make Nutech parts fit... we'll see when it gets here

I can't find a color that's going to go well with the orange arms and blue alloy. Greased Lightning time!

Any suggestions aside from black, white, or silver that may go with a blue/orange?

How about that chameleon paint - full of all colours depending on angle. Great in the bright sunshine of sunny UK!!
Your call M8y. Do you want to highlight the paint, the body, or the alloy?
Al.

I thought about a few different colors, but the more I look at the Tamiya and Pactra spray colors, the more I think I'm better off deanodizing the uglies (Except for the darn shocks, I'll leave those blue until it's time for a rebuild). I wish mfg's would just make the alloy parts silver. Everything goes with silver.

silver for sure... arms aren't that bad to do at least. you could do a chrome and black body then the anno could change when ready

Started the disassembly last night. I'll do the front end first, then pull the engine, do the middle blue parts, then the rear end. I'm also putting in that 29cc I have in my Firehammer.

Okay, the multi-colored bruise is now a solid silver. The only parts left that are colored are the shock caps (blue and purple) and a small blue steering piece. I'm going to be installing the 29cc from my Firehammer MT into this thing. Can't wait!

Painted up a TT body, put on the Proline Baja rims/tires, mounted an HPI Baja wing. I'm pretty happy with the results.

IMG_8471.jpg

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

Still sitting nice and clean with an engine in it. Waiting to be run....... I love/hate spring. Too many things to do on the weekends and no time during the week at night to run it because I'm behind on the stuff not done on the weekend!

Rampage XB

Been a long time since I've been in this thread. I tore into my Rampage yesterday to install a 28.5 big bore kit. The 29cc hasn't been running worth a darn since the fall. Took it apart and it looked like something metallic deeply scratched the piston and cylinder. The wear on the walls of the cylinder didn't look too good either. So figured I'd go ahead and replace.

Decided to go and order an XB Buggy last night from rampagehopups.com since I haven't bought a large scale since 2009 (I'm due). Looking forward to getting it and posting some pics up here. Can't wait to see the differences in weight between the two vehicles.

Last edited:
Great of you to return - With a new purchase. Check out the thread I put up on cleaning out your head kit. Could be just a bit of what had happened to your 29cc.

Great of you to return - With a new purchase. Check out the thread I put up on cleaning out your head kit. Could be just a bit of what had happened to your 29cc.

Thanks Bigger! What you had shown in your thread is probably exactly what happened. I couldn't find anything else that would have caused those scratches. You honestly should make that a sticky. I ran my finger through mine and came up with quite a few shavings. I'll be doing some good cleaning on this weekend!

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?p=118746&posted=1#post118746

XB arrived today! Very impressive vehicle just on looks alone.

It weighs approximately 21 pounds (less fuel and the 6v battery), +- a few ounces. Picking up my V1 Rampage with Baja tires and NO engine, it seems to weigh quite a bit more. I also weighed my Losi Aftershock which was converted to brushless, with a 5000mah 6s lipo......18.5 lbs. 2.5 pound difference between a 1/8th and a 1/5th....not bad at all! I'm liking the wheels and tires....I'm hoping they aren't too expensive of replacements.

I haven't found anything I really dislike about it yet. It was nicely packed when it arrived. The body looks great and the shocks are very very nice. I don't feel the chassis flex like I do with the original Rampage.

My only worries, like with any RTR...servos, but I'll try them out and see how well they do. I know it's a crap shoot with any RTR radio equipment.

So far, just based off looks, Redcat did a very nice job on this. I will be disassembling the front and rear gearboxes to check everything out, I may disassemble the shocks and put in oil of my choice, but I did that to my HPI Baja when I first got it and also did it to my V1 Rampage. Never hurts to make sure everything is good.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow. :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks