RCMAX vs TR Gearbox case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

Not Horlicks🙄
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Hi All,

Has anyone done a comparison between the RCMAX and TR gearbox?

Which is better in terms of design and quality?

Ive only had TR boxes and I was thinking about getting an RCMAX.

Thoughts and opinions please?

Cheers,

Milo.

When I ordered my rcmax motor Mike t said "oh if y running a tr you'll need to grind a flat on it so it doesn't rub on the motor?" so there is that?? second thing is its not fitting between my hpi plastics?‍♂️ i have 2 tr cases and I have no complaints ?? im gonna order thisScreenshot_20210210-054728_Samsung Internet.jpg
Then the rcmax will fit??

When I ordered my rcmax motor Mike t said "oh if y running a tr you'll need to grind a flat on it so it doesn't rub on the motor?" so there is that?? second thing is its not fitting between my hpi plastics?‍♂️ i have 2 tr cases and I have no complaints ?? im gonna order thisView attachment 69450
Then the rcmax will fit??
Well if your getting that beautiful rcmax case it’s only right you upgrade the rear bulk head

Same here, I’ve got 2 x TR boxes and I’ll just stick with that as I defo want to keep the plastics.
If you are staying small bore ? nothing wrong with tr??
Also I've heard aftermarket diffs like rovan or km don't fit right in the TR but the RCMAX v2 is supposed to fit just about everything.
Yes that what it says?
I here you on you want what’s advertised. The rcmax stuff is super light though
All alloy is not good ? need flex or you will bend your ?

I've been running alloy bulkheads in front w/ plastic arms, in rear I have plastic bulkheads and alloy arms on my Marder. Can you guess which is more durable?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks