RCMAX vs TR Gearbox case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm honest the stock arms took a while to break . I broke a rear right and a front left. The front left was from a cartwheel when I wheelied, and the rear right was when I slammed into a curb on the first run lol. But they are paper thin and quite sloppy. That's my main reason for rpm, to remove the slop

Here some pics of the V2 and from what I gather the angled lines where where the drive cups come out....the edges where rounded off?? i marked where its touching ?
20210210_084057-jpg.69456
20210210_084101.jpg20210210_084117.jpg20210210_084159.jpg20210210_084230.jpg

Attachments

• 20210210_084057.jpg
    20210210_084057.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 97
I have the RCMax V2 case and it fit perfectly, I just don't understand what the hell that threaded hole is for at the top.
There's a pocket that was machined into the case which the threaded hole leads to, effectively a water trap.
I put a greased screw in there just to mitigate any water ingress, don't fancy that pocket filling and slowly seeping in and onto the gears.

Show us the hole you talking about??
I have the RCMax V2 case and it fit perfectly, I just don't understand what the hell that threaded hole is for at the top.
There's a pocket that was machined into the case which the threaded hole leads to, effectively a water trap.
I put a greased screw in there just to mitigate any water ingress, don't fancy that pocket filling and slowly seeping in and onto the gears.

Show us the hole you talking about??
To use your photo, it would be roughly here:
1612944702332.png
The notch at the top has a threaded hole which leads to nothing but that machined out pocket.
I'd show you mine however it's already installed, not to mention my cat has taken permanent residence on my lap.

To use your photo, it would be roughly here:
View attachment 69470
The notch at the top has a threaded hole which leads to nothing but that machined out pocket.
I'd show you mine however it's already installed, not to mention my cat has taken permanent residence on my lap.
Supposed to have a cap screw in there? when ill take a pic20210210_205127.jpg

Here some pics of the V2 and from what I gather the angled lines where where the drive cups come out....the edges where rounded off?? i marked where its touching ?
20210210_084057-jpg.69456
View attachment 69457View attachment 69458View attachment 69459View attachment 69460
So I have an update?? I loosened up the rear end so that the rear bulkhead wasn't connected to anything other than the chassis ? put some wheel on under the chassis and put everything on the floor? and gave it a real hard push?20210211_065140.jpg
So it fits? but dose not drop in like a TR case ?‍♂️ wedged in there?
Fancey pants Doug w/ all the alloy bits! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Lol yes and no ? still like a bit of plastic??

So I have an update?? I loosened up the rear end so that the rear bulkhead wasn't connected to anything other than the chassis ? put some wheel on under the chassis and put everything on the floor? and gave it a real hard push?View attachment 69482
So it fits? but dose not drop in like a TR case ?‍♂️ wedged in there?

Lol yes and no ? still like a bit of plastic??
What happened you were giving us 4K pictures yesterday and now this Polaroid shot?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks