Red Scorpion , project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at a guess somthing is binding in your gears causing your clutch bell to seize up and the clutch is just burning out. that or the engine is not 100% dead on center to the clutch bell (more than likely the first one)

whats the chain drive etc like under load? if its binding up alot it could be your issue

Centering test :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

how much clearance is there between the main spur shown and that blacking plate is sits next to (looks pretty cose)?

measure it cold then measure it when its warm (use a hair dryer or a hot air gun)

how much clearance is there between the main spur shown and that blacking plate is sits next to (looks pretty cose)?

measure it cold then measure it when its warm (use a hair dryer or a hot air gun)

This black plate is a clutch bell case and I put it in this possition as centering test.

i agree with pipeous. it looks great but it sounds and looks to me that its over geared. if it was geared right it should have no problem spinning tires on dirt and it looked like it wasn't spitting dirt to easily.

the suspension is working great. I think it is over geared a bit, bit in that first video at 51 seconds there is a heck of a loud noise when you hit the brakes. is that chain a bit tight?

I am impressed to hell with this build and just tossing out ideas to check is all.

the suspension is working great. I think it is over geared a bit, bit in that first video at 51 seconds there is a heck of a loud noise when you hit the brakes. is that chain a bit tight?

I am impressed to hell with this build and just tossing out ideas to check is all.

Thanks mate .

Yes , it is from chain.

I think that car needs some changes ,like :

- 8000 rpm clutch spring , the red one( from 6000rpm stock )

- 15% shorter gearing

-20w ( from 12w ) absorb oil .

... and next testing ( maybe next weekend ) , with a video.

Until that time i'll be back to powder coating , for Street Fighter.

what is the overall gear ratio and tire diameter? it looks like its pretty tall gearing looking at the differential gear. id bet the reason your burned up clutches was caused by too steep a gear ratio. going to the red spring will only make the problem worse.

knowing the gear ratio would help point you in the right direction.

14000rpm in engine , 1800rpm in axles , 185mm tire diameter.

I think that with 8000rpm spring I'll have beter grip and more power + 15% shorter gearing , everything will be fine.

i ran some numbers, going off your numbers you have a 7.77:1 gear ratio, and 15% shorter is 8.94:1. i did some digging and found an fg monster truck has 170mm diameter tires, and calculating the gear ratio on that comes out to 10.29:1. now your tires are 9% larger diameter than the fg monster truck, so figure that into it all and to match the mt gear roughly would put your gear ratio around 11.22:1.

now your gear ratio is going to depend on a lot of things. the mt runs a zenoah 26cc, i didnt see what motor your running. however just off looking at the fg mt id say your around 40% off where you should be, and that will burn up clutches

so i was a a little off on my last post, the tire size on the mt is 210mm, not 170mm. so your tires are actually 13% smaller than the mt, making your 15% reduction in gearing not too far off. id still aim for something closer to 9.5:1.

After these changes , a video .... but as rwd , becouse the chain from front diff, broken and i was far away from home , to use a new one.

Red Scorpion , RWD .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks