RickDizzle's Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the beadlocks swapped out to the black ones. Brought her out for a few outside pics. Don't think I am gonna change anything else on it at the moment. Pretty happy how it's looking so far. 😁 🏁🏆
20220115_131426.jpg
20220115_131502.jpg
20220115_131520.jpg
20220115_131544.jpg
20220115_131611-jpg.80296

Attachments

• 20220115_131611.jpg
    20220115_131611.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 147
Thanks John, means a lot coming from a builder like yourself. I really think running the second shock as a dampener is a huge help. I have run this set up since my original build of the truck last year and feel like it really keeps the truck planted and rebounds much better IMO.

Yesterday I made up a nice inline fuse for between my Lipo and the Raminator's switch. Installed it and ran the truck for a good while. Running a 15amp fuse and no issues, even with the rear steer. I was concerned running 7 servos on the truck would easily blow a 15amp. But no issues at all. Couple pics:View attachment 80238
View attachment 80239

Tonight my V3 body arrived! So I couldn't resist tossing it in for a few pics.
View attachment 80240
View attachment 80241
View attachment 80242
View attachment 80246
View attachment 80243
View attachment 80245

I really like the newer style body and the limited amount of decals that might eventually lift. I was super excited that the Primal team was willing to sell me a complete body/cage and all now. This is an extra they had from their prototypes that was never used. V3 bodies and parts should be available mid February. But you can get full V3 rigs now.

I plan to get the black axle bumpers and the grey beadlocks for sure as soon as they are available. Thinking about getting the black middle frames too, just not sure yet.

I will be keeping my red accents, gas cap, receiver box, pull start handle and red suspension. This will all match my red steering servos, as I do not plan on changing them at the moment.

It should be noted, Primal is discontinuing the V2 red parts. They have a good amount in stock, but will be going to the V3 black, silver and blue parts. So if you want red, should get on it soon.

I always value you guy's opinions, what ya think? Once I change to the black bumpers and grey beadlocks, should I go to the black frame centers or keep red? Also anything else I should swap out to ensure the new body flows with the chassis?

I appreciate the feedback!🏁🏁
the black body is amazing. i suggest to stay there and spent your money on an alx 85cc for Ram or convert to brushless for amazing power. If you run it more powerful you are gonna love it much more. the only better that are good to change are the new shocks with 10mm axle.

This build has placed a heavy bias on my next vehicle. I have seen a few videos on the Raminator and was impressed. The starting price may seem steep, but once you buy into different platform and modify it, or build from scratch you are basically spending as much. Awesome build log.

This build has placed a heavy bias on my next vehicle. I have seen a few videos on the Raminator and was impressed. The starting price may seem steep, but once you buy into different platform and modify it, or build from scratch you are basically spending as much. Awesome build log.
Thank you. Really appreciate that. I wanted a clear, real review/build of this vehicle. I will be honest, since owning this truck, I don't even drive my other RC's anymore. Lol. It is a really solid platform. It has a few quirks to work through, but I would buy one again for sure. I also like that Primal has been openly taking feedback and trying to address concerns/issues with each new version release. The V3 is a formidable machine for sure!

My lipo set up is holding up great. Added the inline fuse as with rear steer, I have 7 total servos pulling. I am running stock brake servo and all four steering servos are still stock. Upgraded to HV throttle and reverse servo, Savox. I run a SMC 2s lipo and literally can run all day. I did also add a lipo alarm/voltage reader, as there is no way to run a low voltage cut off...so you want to ensure you do that to prevent over discharge and issues that can come with that. Otherwise...super glad I went this route.

Ok so as I like the scale look of my Raminator, I wanted to do something with the driver. With the black body especially, he is very hard to see and disappears in the cab.
20220206_183819.jpg

So I pulled his helmet off, and got down to masking and scuffing. Masked everything off then used scotch brite to scuff areas I wanted to paint on the lexan. Due to the driver being prepainted black from Primal on the inside, I opted to paint him on top of the lexan. I chose a flat gray for his driver suit, gun metal metallic for his seat, console and tank and metal flake red for his helmet. Once all was properly scuffed and cleaned, I hit the areas to be painted with Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. Then I coated everything with the flat gray.
20220206_183859.jpg
Now from here I masked off the driver suit so I could spray the gunmetal on his console, seat and tank. This was a pain, as I had to "make" his gloves. For all my detail work, I use Sticky Tack as a mask. Works great for fine details! I then went on to the helmet. Its just a hard plastic, so I sanded it, used Tamiya plastic putty to fill in holes and divots then sanded again. Hit it with scotch brite and then prepped it for paint. Again used Bulldog on it, shot a white primer and then shot the metallic red. After several coats, came out great. Well, couldnt use that lame decal for a visor...so Mrs. Dizzle found some metal foil decal sheets at Hobby Lobby. Used that, patience, a heat gun, an exacto knife and boom, nice reflective visor!
20220206_184007.jpg
20220208_181030.jpg
I mocked up the helmet with the freshly painted interior and still too plain.

20220209_131241.jpg

So from here I hand painted his suit cuffs at the base of his gloves, then hand painted nice red straps for the tank. During dry time, between coats and to break up the monotony of detail work...I busted out the old school lol!
Attach0.jpg

Back to the Raminator, I decided I could step up the realism. Mrs. Dizzle, bless her heart ran around town and found me just what I needed to wrap it up. Thanks babe! I knew I wanted 1/2" nylon webbing...living in a small town that was impossible to find. Mrs. Dizzle delivered again and found a red dog collar! 1/2" red nylon webbing. So with that, I made his safety harness. To make them look more real, Mrs. Dizzle got me some bra strap adjusters and now I had harnesses! I cut small slots in the top of the seat and the bottom. Fished through the harness and then used Shoe Goo to secure them. I then added a nice white Primal decal and a Ram emblem decal to the back of the seat. All in all, I did this over the course of a week to allow proper flash and dry time between coats and taping. I am really happy with how it turned out.
20220212_152004.jpg
20220212_152015.jpg

Pic next to a stock interior for reference.
20220213_110525.jpg
20220213_110544.jpg

I installed the new interior this morning and added an RII light to the black body's cage. Really happy with it.
20220213_123113.jpg
20220213_123256.jpg
20220213_123227.jpg

The driver is now much more visible and doesn't just blend into the truck.
20220213_123606.jpg
Thanks for reading my long post! 🏁🏁

The part # isrmt063 , a nut with two grub screws on it , took it apart after snapping the shaft , part # rmt065 , and it was loose even after I let locktight dry over knight ! , Sent a message to primal rc , wait to see what they say , definitely getting this hard steel shaft I'm hearing
That is what I thought you were referring too. Let us know what they say. You use red or blue loctite last time?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks