RickDizzle's Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work schedule has been nuts as of late and had a couple issues I had to work through on the Raminator. She is fully back together, with the wheelbase extension kit installed, wheel wideners installed, did the diff mod to the front axle as I had only done the rear, finished all "annual" maintenance, shocks fully rebuilt, new brakes all the way around, chain cleaned and regreased. Looking really good. Really like how the truck sits now vs stock. Thanks to @Spirospros for the pics ahead of time and suggestion to do this. Not gonna run her tonight, already dark out and there is some fresh loctite I want to set up. Can't wait to see how it handles now!
20211209_172245.jpg
20211209_173332.jpg
20211209_173343.jpg
20211209_173353.jpg
20211209_173403.jpg
20211209_174809.jpg
20211209_174819.jpg

Here is a better before and after pic to really see the stretch.
20211209_181400.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn't sure about it. Seeing it only in Primal's video I wasn't convinced I would like it. But after I saw pics of Spirospros I was sold. John I know you were gonna run beefier links and hyme joints, the extended links are an inch longer. Adding 2 inches total in wheelbase if you make your own. You will need the extended sway bars that come in the primal kit. They also said the front brake cable is extended, however it was the same stock as my stock front cable. 👍👍

Yeah I wasn't sure about it. Seeing it only in Primal's video I wasn't convinced I would like it. But after I saw pics of Spirospros I was sold. John I know you were gonna run beefier links and hyme joints, the extended links are an inch longer. Adding 2 inches total in wheelbase if you make your own. You will need the extended sway bars that come in the primal kit. They also said the front brake cable is extended, however it was the same stock as my stock front cable. 👍👍
looks much better than before. much more beautiful (y)
(y)(y)(y)(y)
2 more suggestions for stronger diffs and axles

Attachments

• ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
Yes sir! That is the diff mod we have been doing. Prevents the little small screws from breaking and backing out, then destroying your gears. Also a suggestion on the driveshaft. I used thick heat shrink that has glue on the inside, used for making thick industrial battery cables. Super clean look, and have never had a drive line threaded pin back out. Easy to remove and replace for service too!
20201024_192430.jpg

Yes sir! That is the diff mod we have been doing. Prevents the little small screws from breaking and backing out, then destroying your gears. Also a suggestion on the driveshaft. I used thick heat shrink that has glue on the inside, used for making thick industrial battery cables. Super clean look, and have never had a drive line threaded pin back out. Easy to remove and replace for service too!
View attachment 79741
Nice 👍👍👍👍

M4 is the stock and 12.9 is the strengh of the screw. If you don't use 12.9 grade it will brake for sure. Lenght is 12mm but again i suggest to use longer ones 16mm so in case are broken you can eject them easily. Hope help you
Thanks alot, I really appreciate it. I going to get them now

Thanks alot for your help. So its best to just get a new Differential and swap the screw out for the screws you just told me to get.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks