Shocks and springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armar5t

Hey y'all. Been running my new 5t basically stock. I did do a dominator tuned pipe.

Looking for a rear suspension set up/ insight. Not trying to buy all the springs and shock fluid to figure out what combo is working.

Situation= tires are rubbing up in the wheel well and chassis bottoms out slamming on the ground. I added some more preload in the spring and now there is too much bounce in it and it still bottoms out on the smallest jumps/ bumps. Just trying to smooth it out a little bit.

I'm thinking 10 lbs springs and 50 weight shock fluid. Just not sure if its enough.

Thank you

The wheels and tires are stock. Running blue 8lbs springs and 40 weight shock oil( i think. Thats whats listed as stock)

She's a little dirty. Lol. The ball fields just got rained on this morning. It sucks living in an apartment. No where to clean it off. My wife gets mad when I put my RCs in the tub.

Attachments

• 20200607_143612.jpg
    20200607_143612.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200611_221826.jpg
    20200611_221826.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200611_221845.jpg
    20200611_221845.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200611_221856.jpg
    20200611_221856.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200611_221928.jpg
    20200611_221928.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 17
The wheels and tires are stock. Running blue 8lbs springs and 40 weight shock oil( i think. Thats whats listed as stock)

She's a little dirty. Lol. The ball fields just got rained on this morning. It sucks living in an apartment. No where to clean it off. My wife gets mad when I put my RCs in the tub.

Not to derail, but...

I spy a GeekVape Aegis under that roll cage. Nice choice! Have one myself. Best mod ever.

My wife doesn't mind the car in the tub so long as it doesn't make the place smell like petrol... invest in a pump to drain the tank, and a metric ton of Simple Green to keep the peace. (y)

No problem, but that's part of the fun?
Yes it is????
Yes, you guys are right. But working limited hours due to this Corona virus puts a limit on funds. Just don't have the extra money to throw around right now.
Eventually I want every part I could need in my parts box, especially because I don't know anywhere that stocks the parts locally

Feel you bud $$$ is very tight @the mo?
Yes, you guys are right. But working limited hours due to this Corona virus puts a limit on funds. Just don't have the extra money to throw around right now.
Eventually I want every part I could need in my parts box, especially because I don't know anywhere that stocks the parts locally

If my memory serves me right I used a little less then 2 bottles, each bottle was 100cc
Thank you. That's was about what I was figuring by just by looking at the shocks size. Don't want to have to run out and get more while I'm trying to get them done. Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks