Show Off Your Pets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me key you in on Sheppard, they need trained, and something to do. Had them all my life. I love the breed. They are very high energy, and super smart. If they get bored, they can get very destructive.... ask how I know..... I had mine in search and rescue for a wile. Then we had kids, still do nose work with her when we have time. The kids keep her wore down for the most part. When she dosnt have something to do chews.... everything. Drives me batty

Sounds VERY familiar

Just got an Olde English Bulldogge, my Son named him Kratos. God of strength and power as well as Zeus's enforcer.View attachment 55400

Great name
Speaking of Shepherds

EVERY dog has its day but one furry friend has had 18 holes-in-one.

The German Shepherd, weighing between 40 to 50kgs, was taken to the Currumbin Fair Veterinary Surgery last Friday after swallowing his owner noticed he had swallowed a couple of golf balls while playing a round in his backyard.
Semi-retired veterinary doctor Harry Weaver where he “popped” out almost a kilogram (826.74g) of golf balls.
“The owner lives on a paddock where he plays golf. His German Shepherd would bring back balls, about 10 at a time, in its mouth,” Dr Weaver said.
OTHER NEWS
First look at Coast comedy fest’s line-up
200 BBQs, half a tonne of MDMA: Cops roast brazen bid
Coast’s worst suburbs for car theft

Almost a kilogram of golf balls were removed. Photo: Supplied
Almost a kilogram of golf balls were removed. Photo: Supplied
“The owner thought he was missing four golf balls one day and could hear them inside the dog.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet-icon.svg

Opinions you can't ignore. Watch Rita Panahi 9am Sundays, Sky News. For more
“The dog looked normal, no vomiting. No signs at all, so I was sceptical.
“We took (the dog) in and gave it general anaesthetic to knock it out. When I did the x-ray I could feel a golf ball.
KEEP UP WITH THE CONVERSATION. 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 12 WEEKS. T & Cs APPLY.
“I put him on the operating table and cut him open. A German Shepherds stomach is quite deep. I made a little cut big enough to pop a golf ball out.
“I was basically popping them out and they were bouncing around the surgery floor.
“In the end the nurse got them in a bag and there was 18.”
Dr Weaver believes some of the balls could have been sitting in the abdomen for about six months.
Some of them may have been in there as long as six months. Photo: Supplied
Some of them may have been in there as long as six months. Photo: Supplied
Since leaving the vets, the dog has been “eating and feeling very well”.
Apart from this week’s “bizarre” surgery, Mr Weaver’s other most memorable procedure was when he removed two kebab sticks from inside the stomach of a medium dogs stomach using only his hands

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks