spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made a start today on the build (y),
built the diffs up, used the 500k fluid in the front that came wi the kit,
and 1 million fluid in the rear,
marked the diffs f and r so i don't mix em up when fitting :LOL:,
waiting on rcmax front diff case which should be here tomorrow (y),

then built the front shafts up,
fitted to the knuckles,

then realised numbnut here forgot to fit the captive nut doodads before fitting bearings,
so inner bearings need to come back out again 🤦‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:,

gonna do a few comparison pics between the vekta and the dragon hammer during this build cos they are similar platforms,
so, vekta lower front arm on the left compared to a dragon hammer lower front,
vekta one is feckin mahoosive :ROFLMAO:,

One thing I didn't like about the front arms was that its the same arm just flip one for the other side. I wasn't impressed with the mould markings now facing up
tbh i never noticed that yet rep, i will do now ya said so though :ROFLMAO:,
wont be noticable when its covered in crap anyways (y):LOL:

I'll get there eventually.. I just wanted to get mine going with what was in the kit. It does take a good tumble I tell you that! I had the truck about 3 feet off the ground in a cartwheel
I wish I could get plastic extended arms. There was a set of brand new in the packet Kraken x2e arms on FB. Dude wanted more than $400. Fcuk that.

I’d stick with the plastic til it breaks. The alloy arms don’t add stability as much as they do on the Baja if they don’t increase width. My guess anyway.

I wish I could get plastic extended arms. There was a set of brand new in the packet Kraken x2e arms on FB. Dude wanted more than $400. Fcuk that.

I’d stick with the plastic til it breaks. The alloy arms don’t add stability as much as they do on the Baja if they don’t increase width. My guess anyway.
yeh not sure why kraken stopped makin the x2e arms miles, i have two sets of em and love em,
sorry miles, both sets are on rc's being used :ROFLMAO:, if they wernt i'd send you a set ,

yeh not sure why kraken stopped makin the x2e arms miles, i have two sets of em and love em,
sorry miles, both sets are on rc's being used :ROFLMAO:, if they wernt i'd send you a set ,
No worries Paul, I’ll take the weight of the FLMs. I like em any way but I have to admit I’d love to see how much lighter they x2e’s are. Next time you have em off please try and weigh them with the turnbuckles as well.

not sure if the pic will post, postimage still being a peepee,
but , got the rcmax front diff case, front shock tower together etc,
then the front arms built up with shafts, knuckles, joints etc,
up to doing the servo saver and steering arms,
many more steps to the front end than i thought there'd be tbh :ROFLMAO:

I'd say get the vertigo or ffrc aluminum throttle servo mounts now so you don't have to take the entire upright back off. I just did it and it wasn't too bad but wasn't enjoyable spents
thanks rep (y) , i'll try and remember that an order dome before i get that far (y):D,
bet you i forget though and i'n sure you will remind me if i post pics without getting the servo mounts :ROFLMAO:,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks