sperera has a slash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure what you mean by all sealed up mate, the plugs are exposed as they need to be but the back of the board is all sealed and got small rubber legs.

also got my P350 power supply earlier in the week, been using it, now just need a better charger to really see whats its capable of!

bigger tyres smaller pinion, heavier rims smaller pinion, more powerfull batteries like goning from nimh to lipo,s smaller pinion.

you know from my thread ive played with pinions a tad, if you can not get to were you want with just pinion swaps or the gear mesh becomes to far out due to small pinions and motor adjustment, don't forget you can go up in spur gear size this will give you to same effect but a diffrent radio.

you will know if your pinion is a tad to big, every thing can run hot batteries, motor and esc, lots of full throttle and heavy/hard braking will cause large power draw spikes and make more heat, so driving style comes into it.

if you go to low in pinion and or to high in spur gear you can hit the maxium rpm the esc can talk to the motor it will cough and surge ive notived this on my last 3 brushless rc,s if this happens go up a tooth or two or shed some voltage.

this is what ive noticed and its in k.i.s.s moto

picked up a pack of pinions over the weekend, going to try different ones.

ran two batteries on my front lawn over the weekend. noticed the motor temp was pretty good until the lipo's started getting low, then it show up to 96 deg c!

it was all 1/4 - 3/4 throttle stuff.

should the motors drastically jump in temp when the lipo's get low?

It's just coincidence bud...as the lipo's are getting low time is ticking on.....as time ticks on..temps rise.....especially with short spurts on the throttle...

The best way to test the efficiency of the motor temp wise is to run it flat out on road for a couple of packs....

If it's geared right it should only be around the 40-50 deg mark...

If it is still HOT there is a problem with the motors efficiency..

Overheating a brushless motor is bad...the rotor will lose magnetism in turn requiring more amps.....more amps = more heat....

The power won't be much different but the amps will be....

awesome, thanks mate, going to buy one as soon as they are in stock (or find another seller) like you said running them at this temp wont be doing it any good!

ah no I didnt, unless im missing soemthing, this is a copy and past of shipping charges

Shipping: $2.85 Expedited ShippingSee more services

(available quantity 3)
Service and other details:
Service Estimated delivery* Price
Expedited Shipping Between Fri. Jun. 3 and Sat. Jun. 4 $2.85

*Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.
Click to close
End of layer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks