Strip paint off body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used dot 3 to strip my stock 5t body. It isn't brittle at all, and all the paint came off without any issue, it just had to soak for a while. The body was just fine when I painted it, even if the paint job itself isn't very pretty.

Buying a new HPI shell costs $250...
ok I think I might give It a go, its nothing special so if I fek it up no big deal (y)

In that case, I agree with Sean. Start with a clean slate. 5b bodies cost like $35-$40, right? If it was a 5t body then I would make an attempt at stripping paint.

Two tones of the same color probably looks pretty good along with black accents such as the cage and wheels.

You'll need some spaz stix paint to pull that off. That purple looks like its backed with a mirror chrome. It may be neat to mix some real fine metal flake in with the purple too. It needs air brushed, but they can be had for cheap off amazon. I never had good results with the rattle cans, could have been my lack of prep ?‍♂️You should check them out they have some awesome paint for lexan.
https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/collections/spazstix-ultimate-mirror-chrome

You'll need some spaz stix paint to pull that off. That purple looks like its backed with a mirror chrome. It may be neat to mix some real fine metal flake in with the purple too. It needs air brushed, but they can be had for cheap off amazon. I never had good results with the rattle cans, could have been my lack of prep ?‍♂️You should check them out they have some awesome paint for lexan.
https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/collections/spazstix-ultimate-mirror-chrome
My guy, those steps were from the guy who painted this (even better than the first pic Imo)
Screenshot_20191211-195849.png
I chose the first pic cuz I was too lazy to screenshot cuz it wouldn't upload. close enough lol. But it works the way I said, as you see in this new pic.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks