Taylor and VEKTA5 bonding story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
Here goes ! I've got the new version of the VEKTA5 sitting on the bench for some time now , still awaiting the availibility of the Taylor 35 , I just took the VEKTA5 out of the box today , right away I can see a few changes to the thing , trailing arms are black , the axles are not as shiny as the first one I had . And the back axle plate is black now , the servoes are black instead of red , the cage is definitely a different plastic , ( uh oh !? ) , Tires are still the useless crap as before , ..... I'll be doing some things on this rig that I have never done before , hopefully I haven't offended anybody to much in the past , I be fer needn some assistance on some things ,,,REP , ARE YOU THERE ? ,like throttle , brake linkage , that's gonna be a learning thing for me , And a major question I have right off is , any VEKTA5 owners heard if the Spektrum radio system is still not compatible with VEKTA5 electronics , I would love to use the one I got already , but there's some fire stories about that anyways , here goes !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_075859744_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220206_075859744_HDR.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220206_080348540_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220206_080348540_HDR.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 28
Looking for some help please ? The taylo35 comes with a clutch housing shim , I don't completely understand this part , is it to space the clutch from the housing or something else , like I've stated , this is a new quandary to me , but I will get it done one way or a bunch of others

Looking for some help please ? The taylo35 comes with a clutch housing shim , I don't completely understand this part , is it to space the clutch from the housing or something else , like I've stated , this is a new quandary to me , but I will get it done one way or a bunch of others
Is it so you don't have to change the clutch housing from Baja fitment to 5T fitment as there is a 2mm difference on clutch housings between the two.

And those hubbs have arrived !! Along with a close friend !! And I got some FREEKN stickers too ! And the bonding action begins !! If I could just get some time away from working n sleeping , I'll get this thing together , all of a sudden I feel really drunk and just can't make it in , I'm feeling very large from this !!! I just can't believe how cute n small this little bugger is , and hey !! Don't go there , if it ain't enuff , I'll buy enuff , but for now , this little powerplant is soooo cool , !!! It's like buy one in just to be put in it if n a case for conversation piece or something 🤣😂🙌

Attachments

• IMG_20220223_185701475_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220223_185701475_HDR.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220223_185529477_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220223_185529477_HDR.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Last night , I got the Killswitch and clutch installed , tonight I spent a couple hours trying to get the dam tranny apart , evidently , kracken Assembly people are taking locktight lessons from arrma , judas priest ! So much locktight on clutch bell and shaft pin completely rediculouse !! But I finally got the high output gears in , and didn't strip anything ! , Now for the double servo setup , then I'll enroll myself in the futaba school of transmitter theory ,,,,,, OOOH,,,, NOOOO ,,,,!

heard of a few vektas with masses of loctite in/on em relic,
thats one of the reasons i got the kit version :D,
keep going and you'll soon have it up and running,
futabas are easy once you finally understand em :ROFLMAO:

Wtf is going on in here?:unsure:
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I prolly could have saved on some things like hubs for one thing. , Rrrrrats !
nah you woulda still needed yer brp hubs relic,
kit comes complete and just add the mods you want when builing it, then keep the spares or sell em on as unused,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks