Technokit TK99EL / SS Thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So im working on my car tonight and found a bonus hiding inside the easter egg. Its got an adjustable clutch. Im not sure if its a Lauterbacher Adjustable or an Elcon. It has no markings on it. Ill post a pic later on sometime for some help to identify it.

I also found the Diff is locked up solid. Ill be digging into it later in the week.

i traded an hpi baja for it, came with 2 bodies one of them new ,pulling out the stock 23cc zenoah and putting in an E.S.P 26cc zenoah , also it's a full cup car with rear disc as well just need the cables and a few other things to make them work.

i traded an hpi baja for it, came with 2 bodies one of them new ,pulling out the stock 23cc zenoah and putting in an E.S.P 26cc zenoah , also it's a full cup car with rear disc as well just need the cables and a few other things to make them work.

If you intend to race it, 23cc is the limit...

Only in Sanctioned Races. which totally needs to be re done and overhauled for Large Scale RCs. that would be like getting a new 1/8th buggy, and only being alowed to run a .12. or a new 1/10th onroad and being restricted to a .09 size motor.

As a beginner, they should allow you to run what you have at a "Club" race.

LOL Its not easy to drive one of these cars on a track. As an advanced on-road 10th scale racer I didnt think I would have any issues adapting. LMAO@me for thinking.

Only in Sanctioned Races. which totally needs to be re done and overhauled for Large Scale RCs. that would be like getting a new 1/8th buggy, and only being alowed to run a .12. or a new 1/10th onroad and being restricted to a .09 size motor.

I try to keep my car as legal as possible so I can race in sanctioned races... Honestly a TC with a stock Zen 23cc is not slow... We outrun the 10th scale TC's...

just installed the 26cc motor today with an 813 accelerator pump carb and an aluminum intake , man this thing sounds like an animal!! just need a pipe know. and hopefully don't break nothing as i 'm seeing parts aren't easy to get.

Last edited:
oh don't get me wrong VT. if your holding races and want sanctioning, your only choice is to bow to Roar and the AMA.

I just feel, these are much less toy like and much more car like, and deserve a developed set of guidle lines and rules that are much more suited to the scale, no just becuz its an R/C.

oh don't get me wrong VT. if your holding races and want sanctioning, your only choice is to bow to Roar and the AMA.

I just feel, these are much less toy like and much more car like, and deserve a developed set of guidle lines and rules that are much more suited to the scale, no just becuz its an R/C.

I agree... Remember, there were no gopeds and off roaders like there are today when the rules were made so getting a modified engine wasn't as easy... Roar will follow IFMAR as far as rules go so we have to look to Europe to get them changed...

honestly i think we need to determine our own set of rules. not to be arguementative or anything. I havea few reasons for this line of thought. I know i don't drive like nearly ANYONE in Europe! and if i were to go to europe and race, then theyd probably ask me to leave and not return> lol

but typical euro offraod is a flat grass course, maybe with a patch of concrete.
i know the tracks i would prefer to run on would be more of an MX track, like i believe we will see Many of in the next yr, mostly due to the bajas abilty to Take those jumps and continue around the course.

in either case, the current governing bodys don't have any more experience than we basher/racers do here in the states.

i whole heatredly agree that current races of similir designs, ie Onroad Touring, F1 ect. should only be modified a bit to allow those more adventureous to run the limits of the imagination where motors/pipes/ and gearing are concerned. but the majority of the current rules are fine for.

sorry for the thread Hijacking!

I have been restoring old RCs for a long time now. Today I ran into a first.

When I got this car the owner told me there was an issue with the Dif. He wasn't kidding. I haven't seen anything like this ever.

I pull the diff and sure enough its locked up solid. Nothing not even a mm of play. Cool, ill take it apart and order in the parts needed to get it going. I pull out one of the 6mm bolts on the top of the diff to drain out any fluid. Hmm none coming out. I give it a little shake and out comes what looks like Kitty Litter. Keep shaking and more comes out . It seemed endless. Weitd poop. Im thinking to myself what did he do , pack it with kitty litter to lock it? So I get the entire diff taken apart. It was totaly encrusted with this hard clay like sand.

The only thing I can figure is that the diff fluid was so old that it somehow dried up. The good news is that it cleans off easily and all the internals are in great shape.

I have been restoring old RCs for a long time now. Today I ran into a first.

When I got this car the owner told me there was an issue with the Dif. He wasn't kidding. I haven't seen anything like this ever.

I pull the diff and sure enough its locked up solid. Nothing not even a mm of play. Cool, ill take it apart and order in the parts needed to get it going. I pull out one of the 6mm bolts on the top of the diff to drain out any fluid. Hmm none coming out. I give it a little shake and out comes what looks like Kitty Litter. Keep shaking and more comes out . It seemed endless. Weitd poop. Im thinking to myself what did he do , pack it with kitty litter to lock it? So I get the entire diff taken apart. It was totaly encrusted with this hard clay like sand.

The only thing I can figure is that the diff fluid was so old that it somehow dried up. The good news is that it cleans off easily and all the internals are in great shape.

That's classic! Any pics?

I shook most of the kitty litter into the trash can but I did take some photos.
You should post a list of the parts you have in stock for the Technokit.

Ill wave your advertising fee :D

I shook most of the kitty litter into the trash can but I did take some photos.
You should post a list of the parts you have in stock for the Technokit.

Ill wave your advertising fee :D

I need a few packages of 51275's.... I have some 51276's but they don't cut down well... They are the arm bushings....

fasteddy
you say that you shook your diff expecting oil to come out but i took mine apart for the first time today to see if anything was inside and there was almost new looking wheel bearing grease the same that you would use on a full size car. so what is the correct fluid that's suppose to be inside? grease or oil

fasteddy
you say that you shook your diff expecting oil to come out but i took mine apart for the first time today to see if anything was inside and there was almost new looking wheel bearing grease the same that you would use on a full size car. so what is the correct fluid that's suppose to be inside? grease or oil

Grease... Hmmmm... I can't enter a response shorter than 10 characters, I hope this does...

Short posts I use a lot of ........ after my answer.

OK, so when I put this back together I need to use wheel grease?
How much?
Just grease the gears, pack it full, something in-between?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks