Technokit TK99EL / SS Thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like any diff, greese will lock up the diff more so than oils. so the lighter the oil used the more diff action you get thru the corners. the thicker the oil, the more locked the diff will be.

and other than that, i cant even start to recommend an oil or greese for the diff. check some of the other 1/5th onroad guys and see what they are using for oil wt.

T

Eddy - I use Valvoline Synthetic Assembly grease and use about a 35mm film canisters worth when I run an adjustable diff. I have plenty if you need some. I have recently switched to the Visco diff and no longer use my adjustable diff.

I should take mine apart this week... I'm traveling to 301 Raceway next weekend to race... I constantly light up 1 tire or the other while doing tight corners...

I may take you up on that but ill try to find some locally first.
Any luck on finding the part I asked about this morning?

I only had 51308 (Diff Outdrive) but an FG axle will work for the wheel side. I am just out of stock. The 51308 is in the mail. You'll have it Wednesday or Thursday. I'm working on a list of Technokit parts that are in stock that I'll publish.

After I got it all cleaned up I wasnt happy with what I saw.
Is the FG as good or better ?
Are all the FG diffs the same or should I be looking for a specific one?

8483/5?

Last edited:
Here is a little update.

This first pic is the inside of my diff. The grease was completely dried out and was the consistency of kitty litter. Needless to say, Im replacing most of the internals. Everything showed wear and abuse from being run dry and grinding up the crap inside like a wheat mill.

I know you guys have great eyes. Im new to this so if you see anything that needs attention or isnt right, let me know.
techno5.jpg

Here is a shot of the front end when I first got it.
The second shot is how it sits now.
I have taken everything apart, inspected it, cleaned it, run it through the ultrasonic cleaner, inspected it again, and put it back together. Its taking an amount of time but it will be in great shape when Im done.

Im replacing parts as needed. So far im into it for hinge pins in the front. A Team FastEddy bearing kit, steering servo tray, and some diff parts. Countless hours of cleaning and a lot of Simple Green for the ultrasonic cleaner.

Before
techno6.jpg

After
techno7.jpg

I received a package yesterday from R/C Modelsport. He sure is fast getting what he has to me. Included is the steering servo mount. Ill be getting the front of the car put back together in the next weeks as im hanging out for parts to come from Europe for my diff.

techno8.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Eddy. i cant "SEE" anything myself that looks out of order. though a sway bar kit would help much for traction rolling when on the track.

T

hey I have a brand new adjustable diff for the technokit I thought it would work for my fg but it does not if any one needs it let me know i'll let it go need to get money for a new pipe

You DOG!!!
What are you doing with your Technokit?

I'm probably going to start parting out my EL over the winter and once those parts are gone I'm going to do the same with my E car... I need to offset what I paid for the EVO, FG doesn't offer 0.9% financing or a lease... hahahaha....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks