Technokit TK99EL / SS Thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technokit

Hi I'm in the UK and have just got a EXS GTS 2005, I think it is superb. I started reading these threads on here and other forums regarding lack of back up etc, I just wanted to let you know what I have found out myself, I have had a few email conversations with Technokit direct and they say everything is fine with the company and the spares, Alessandro Rottigni will deal direct from Italy if you need to.:)
Hope this is of help to anybody running one of these superb cars.
Cheers..:D:D

After I got it all cleaned up I wasnt happy with what I saw.
Is the FG as good or better ?
Are all the FG diffs the same or should I be looking for a specific one?

8483/5?

This is an older post, so no doubt you've already dealt with this, but just FYI...

Likely what you saw in that diff was what was left of some low-temperature grease or other lubricant. You wouldn't think it at first, but the diff can generate a serious amount of heat. An improperly setup differential can actually boil some types of lubricant, so I always recommend running high-temperature grease in any diff. I use LucasOil red gear grease in my FG's adjustable diff, though there are some who do use gear oil, which also works great (you need a closed diff for it, though). I've seen some differentials that have run hot enough to melt the rubber seals on the inside of the gear cage, so certainly there can be some heat in there.

Anyway...hope the build came along alright. Like you, I also had to replace all the hinge pins on every control arm when I bought my FG. Whoever had the car before me really gave it a thrashing. Guess that's what happens when you hit stuff.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks