the bugs new mods coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's looking good mate, you thought of getting the body as low as it will go? They look phat like that, I do like the bug body in a low down race look.

Love the black wheels, IMO they are the best looking HPI wheels out there.

Brad.

it was like that with the monster energy body but where this was a brand new shell and the fact you have to cut half of the side out for the exhaust,i fitted it like this i only had to trim a inch off the exhaust side,,,plus when i had it slung down low the wheels caught the arches on 3/4 lock with the hpi rims fitted this way ive got full steering lock it makes a huge difference,,,but i do love the look of the low down ones

They used to cut down the beetle shell in Europe a lot when the mader and HT1 were still the cars of choice, they did look so much better than a buggy shell. There was a guy cutting them down to fit the contrat not so long ago too.

i don't know mate i think he only spun it up to 17000 as it was running in on the dyno but its different now as its fitted with the red race and ecu and ive had it hit 19000 odd on the ecu but it enough for me

Lookin' good, I just picked up a set of those wheels used planning to run bowties front and mx's out back. Get ready for wheelie heaven with that much power and paddles, I can't keep my front wheels down with the stock 26zen and paddles. Mind you I have no wheelie bar but the rear spoiler does a good job of pretending to be one.

ive never had it wheelie before the engine swap and never needed a wheelie bar,,,they just look pants i refuse to deface the bug by fitting a rollerblade wheel its wrong in so many ways,,and the wing stops it flipping so alls good

if you look close at the shell where i painted the orange to thick it cracked and reacted with the white but it worked out well as it looks like the orange has scratched and it suits the old skool bug look

if you look close at the shell where i painted the orange to thick it cracked and reacted with the white but it worked out well as it looks like the orange has scratched and it suits the old skool bug look

oh yeah i see it know huh, still looks mint mate.
did you spray on the outside off the body or the inside im guessing the inside seen as it was a new shell. sorry about the 101 questions its just ive recently brought a bug and im in the progress off spraying my shell and i need some help still deciding on what color scheme to go with really like the way your has turned out.

on my old shell i rubbed the outside down lightly and just sprayed it with satin black and it stayed on fine when this one starts looking tatty i will do the same and spray the outside again or fork out another 100 odd euros for a new shell or get off my arse and finish my mould for my carbon fibre one

on my old shell i rubbed the outside down lightly and just sprayed it with satin black and it stayed on fine when this one starts looking tatty i will do the same and spray the outside again or fork out another 100 odd euros for a new shell or get off my arse and finish my mould for my carbon fibre one

woow you making a carbon fiber body, would love to see a step by step to that

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks