the bugs new mods coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was a 5 min fit as well mate which is nice everything else ive fitted to the bug has taken ages but this was on in 5 mins after postman pat brought it

i might fit a smoke tank like the red arrows lol so you cant get past me with my james bond smoke screen lol

it was a 5 min fit as well mate which is nice everything else ive fitted to the bug has taken ages but this was on in 5 mins after postman pat brought it

i might fit a smoke tank like the red arrows lol so you cant get past me with my james bond smoke screen lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Smoke screen wont stop me in a few months.........Im just doing some research for my September purchase!!!!

thats what i like to hear mate more power in your 4wd bugs going to be a tool and hard for my bug to beat or even get close to what size lump you thinking of

thats what i like to hear mate more power in your 4wd bugs going to be a tool and hard for my bug to beat or even get close to what size lump you thinking of

I was thinking of a Stevo engine simply because he is local but may be swayed to Oddie after speaking to you and Mike. Depends on price I suppose. I will be firing an email off to Ian this week as I want to get the order placed when September's wage comes in.

i wanted loads of power mate and i think you will agree i got more than i asked for and much more than i was expecting my engine in your car will be a good combo thats for sure and if you ask ian he will do a bare tuned engine which will save you a few quid plus youve got a flywheel and coil allready so don't need to buy them again,i brought mine with just the carb block head cover and carb and was a fair bit cheaper than a complete engine

even without the tps red race and ecu this engine has 6.6hp @17000rpm and i even used it without the ecu fitted the other day and it was still mental lifting the front and spinning up on tarmac so in yours with 4wd happy days its just the will it hold up issue id be worried about its a lot of grunt going through the belt drive setup,,im suprised my stock dog bones have lasted this long to be honest even with the 23cc oddie in the bug i was killing stock fg wheel squares and ripping tyres clean off rims

I need to speak to Richard at rossmods to find out how much power this 4wd kit can handle before I jump in. Its not exactly slow at the minute and I will be upping the gearing to 20/44 very soon so it should improve again but a tuned engine will be a totally different animal as you know!! Yours ate your fingers before it let you play!!

even without the tps red race and ecu this engine has 6.6hp @17000rpm and i even used it without the ecu fitted the other day and it was still mental lifting the front and spinning up on tarmac so in yours with 4wd happy days its just the will it hold up issue id be worried about its a lot of grunt going through the belt drive setup,,im suprised my stock dog bones have lasted this long to be honest even with the 23cc oddie in the bug i was killing stock fg wheel squares and ripping tyres clean off rims

I was typing the post above about the belt system at same time as you!! That is my main concern but Im sure FG will have tested it with high output engines to make sure its reliable for the stock baja's bugs, MT's etc. Will ring Rick tomorrow & let you know what he says.

I will start my own thread on it so I don't trash yours :eek:

ha ha yeah it was a female dog to start that day its all good now i think a lot of the starting problems is down to the red race kit to be honest as the flywheels a quater of the weight of a stock one and the magnets in the rotor are mega strong,,,plus me being a twat changed the carb settings that ian had set on the dyno running in back to factory and it was that what was not helping,now i know i will start as it should after 3-4 pulls wot then a couple more without throttle its away

I was typing the post above about the belt system at same time as you!! That is my main concern but Im sure FG will have tested it with high output engines to make sure its reliable for the stock baja's bugs, MT's etc. Will ring Rick tomorrow & let you know what he says.

I will start my own thread on it so I don't trash yours :eek:

not a problem mate your more than welcome on my thread its assad thats not :lol::lol:

not a problem mate your more than welcome on my thread its assad thats not :lol::lol:

I know it looks exactly like a bug and does not in any way resemble a marder shell but for some reason I keep starting threads in the marder section!! I need a holiday!!

made a small change to the bug thanks to hyper's idea of fitting a wheel bearing between the hub and wheel square but due to using fg cable brakes this didnt work for me but i did manage to fit some 17mm wheel squares that i had as spares so i could keep the brakes fitted,,my bug was very narrow at the front end but now thanks to nicking hypers idea its now 17mm wider each side at the front and now the front wheels line up with the rears im not sure if its going to work but im sure the bugs turning will be greatly improved and hopefully will help with the fg's bad habit of grip rolling

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

made a small change to the bug thanks to hyper's idea of fitting a wheel bearing between the hub and wheel square but due to using fg cable brakes this didnt work for me but i did manage to fit some 17mm wheel squares that i had as spares so i could keep the brakes fitted,,my bug was very narrow at the front end but now thanks to nicking hypers idea its now 17mm wider each side at the front and now the front wheels line up with the rears im not sure if its going to work but im sure the bugs turning will be greatly improved and hopefully will help with the fg's bad habit of grip rolling

hey buddy, pm me your address, ive got something for ya,or a couple of things,ill post them tommorrow...
don't ask what they are, a suprise for ya beetle.

also can you use these since youve gone to hpi?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extend-ax...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item231479b309

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks