the bugs new mods coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will do mate but if i open it and its a mankini your dead meat
lol, no mate its not, i knew youd think that..

Boost bottles??? :lol::lol:
lol, and i knew you was going to say that...no boost bottles,im not having him running around with 10hp!!!!!

yippee id love the 5hp extra that boosty bollocks give maybe handy as a front counter weight though
you could use my stock 23cc kings motor clone engine for that mate....:D

that's the width I'd like to have in the front of mine, I think it would help keep the inside rear tire on the ground a bit better. Did you ever get some paddles for it?

no mate ive not managed to get any paddles plus the money ive put into this thing the last thing i want to do is drive it on the beach its not so much the sand its the salt water thats a killer and it would need a rebuild straight after and probaly new bearings and servos lol but im so tempted

mate, it should handle better now it has a lot more more width ,maybe larger turning circle but nothing abit of power oversteer cant sort...ive been to a few msuk bashes at mansfield dessert. everytime i leave i say the same thing ' never ,ever again!! no way..have to strip the whole thing and the poop gets everywhere,like you said in the bearings which is a pain. the sand is very coarse and gritty, not like the soft sand in the dunes abroad.

mate you want to get some of those ski's for the front lol. they might even help with the wheelying because the rear part of the ski will touch the ground when the front end comes up....
thats it mate, ski paddles, dice, boost bottles, disco lights and a 12 inch sub... , nah just fookin about mate, i wouldnt run your bug on sand,its a right mess after and becuause you have all the extra toys like the ecu and that ,your servo plate area is full,imagine all that covered in sand.

Last edited:
the wheelyings calmed down a bit now mate i think map 10 is a winner plus the hostile copys have lost a tad of rubber now so its a lot better drive now and cant wait to see what the wider front will do

that ecu sure does come in useful sometimes mate, how often do you see wagon, maybe he can do a video while youre blasting about.?
oh also mate that fg is back on fleabay,been rteduced again mate but you still get the twin wheels on the back, pm me if you buy it lol... in the next few weeks its going to be £200 , it started at a grand so its time to bid lol...

id only buy that if my handbrake in my golf gti stops working ill keep it in the boot and when parking place it behind the rear wheel to stop it rolling back lol

was out with wagon the other day mate but forgot the camera but i will try harder next time promise even if i get wifey out to vid it for me i will make a vid just for you mate

lol, how many tanks done on the bug now?

on the ecu mate on a given map, does it calm down the power over the full rpm range or can you change it so the power is slightly decreased until you have traction or when you get a bit further up the rpmS. also i don't have a ecu so i could probably turn down the d/r on the throttle or expenential and arc. the futaba 4pk has plenty of options to help with driving the cars in low grip conditions.

im on my 3rd tank now mate its not getting the amount of use it deserves mainly down to it being wet all the time and health issues but while i can use it i will

as for the ecu the lower maps are a milder tune and the higher maps allow more power and rpms so if its wet id try a low map and in the dry a higher one ive never used the car without the ecu fitted in both cars as ive got it and it don't make sense not using it but mostly its on map 10 the default map and it seems to work well in all conditions in the touring car them thats wicked on map 15 all out great fun and will hit monster revs but it likes fuel and can run a tad hot but even maps 10-12 are enough

been out with the bug today first run with the 20/44 gearing was much better behaved and ive removed the gay wheely bar as i hated the thing had another half tank run and all was going great until the layshaft gear on the diff side came loose

so got the bug home and removed the engine and fixxed the diff gear using locktight this time lol went over the car and changed a few things mainly a couple of well past it rose joints,,,then on the flip of a coin i decided to remove the tps red race kit heads it stayed tails it went on the on road car tails it was just got to rewire the ecu lead a killswitch then test hopefully its toned down the bug a little bit cause even without the ecu fitted it was still a major handfull

hopefully will get it out again in the next few days to see what its like now without the red race but with the lightened flywheel from ian oddie

This has been a great read start to finish Renbar. You've done some awesome work on this Bug, puts mine to shame :p

Love it :D

cheers mate its been a long time in the making a lot of cash,loads of problems,,,but its turned out real good and its a blast to drive its got so much power well to much power but thats a good thing i think

the hardest part of the build apart from the 2odd year getting parts from ebay,was making it as bash proof as a fg can be,its @12kg with over 6+hp and very quick

cheers craig hows things mate any projects in the pipeline was close to getting your old kpd chassis a few months back for the bug but changed my mind at the last min

yeah the hpi wheel swap was a great choice the tyre choice is much better than fg's although theres some nice new wheels been released from fg since then but i do like the wider rears that the hpi swap gives

bugs all wired up been started ecu's lead has been wired in and tested all working great sounds a bit different now not as snappy but still sounds great and grunty started a bit better as well due to the lightened flywheel and not having the stronger magnets of the red race kit next job a good shake down and bashing session

cheers craig hows things mate any projects in the pipeline was close to getting your old kpd chassis a few months back for the bug but changed my mind at the last min

yeah the hpi wheel swap was a great choice the tyre choice is much better than fg's although theres some nice new wheels been released from fg since then but i do like the wider rears that the hpi swap gives

Mostly just doing small scale stuff now mate.

Since I got the CNC machine I have just been practicing on the little cars before i take on anything too serious.

Will get the baja out again soon though, the MRS lost her job unfortunately so money is tight too on new projects.

first run without the red race kit fitted today its been ages since the bugs been used in anger the car was on top form and still great fun and even with no red race or ecu fitted it was still lifting the fronts up with ease and i even wondered why i hardly use the thing loved every min,,and as usual it came back filthy dirty and broken another bloody steering servo although its only the little plastic gear directly driven from the servo motor i think its a hitec hs5765,,,think im going to bite the bullit and upgrade to the monster savox in a few weeks if i cant locate a gear

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks