The LAST time my Rovan sends me home broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

So my first outing this year and I load up get to my secret secluded bash spot, and on the 4th pull the p/s cord snaps. Didn't even get the thing started and it's broke AGAIN. Pack up, head home and I swing by my local small engine shop and buy 10' of quality p/s cord. I get the p/s cover off and sure enough the Rovan housing is NOT rebuildable and can't be disassembled to replace the cord. Once the cord snaps your only choice is to buy a new cheap POS housing. I've tried real hard to defend Rovan and see good within the brand, well one can only take so much friustration and getting sent home from a broken part. I can see if it was my fault but as is the Rovan norm parts just keep breaking prematurely on a regular basis. This has been an expensive $1K lesson for me . Even after all the mods i've done to try and have reliability it's a $5 cheap POS component that screws me. So i'm officially done with this total POS Rovan brand. Wish i had known how bad this thing would end up as I had some great bashing the first year I owned it. So a note to all whom are drawn to the cheap azz $$ cost of the Rovan's head my experienced wisdom DON"T , DO NOT , AND NEVER FOR ANY REASON DO IT ! Im going to strip all the upgrade parts toss the chassis and engine off a cliff and look for a Losi - something.

Yep learned the hard way don't buy their pullstarts. They have very FEW worthwhile parts really. I feel like maybe some a arm parts, roll cages and MAYBE their gearbox housing but a few extra dollars you can get the real thing so 90% of the time I stay away.

So my first outing this year and I load up get to my secret secluded bash spot, and on the 4th pull the p/s cord snaps. Didn't even get the thing started and it's broke AGAIN. Pack up, head home and I swing by my local small engine shop and buy 10' of quality p/s cord. I get the p/s cover off and sure enough the Rovan housing is NOT rebuildable and can't be disassembled to replace the cord. Once the cord snaps your only choice is to buy a new cheap POS housing. I've tried real hard to defend Rovan and see good within the brand, well one can only take so much friustration and getting sent home from a broken part. I can see if it was my fault but as is the Rovan norm parts just keep breaking prematurely on a regular basis. This has been an expensive $1K lesson for me . Even after all the mods i've done to try and have reliability it's a $5 cheap POS component that screws me. So i'm officially done with this total POS Rovan brand. Wish i had known how bad this thing would end up as I had some great bashing the first year I owned it. So a note to all whom are drawn to the cheap azz $$ cost of the Rovan's head my experienced wisdom DON"T , DO NOT , AND NEVER FOR ANY REASON DO IT ! Im going to strip all the upgrade parts toss the chassis and engine off a cliff and look for a Losi - something.
Get an MCD bro!! I sold my 45 cc Rovan Baja 3 month after upgraded the craps out of it and still broke after 2 min run 🤣 won’t go wrong with the W5 ( get at least the FT-R version and you would never regret it) if you want the proof of how good MCD is watch my built thread😜😜

Wow just wow. 🤯

Im glad you’ve finally seen the light polar. Shame it cost you so much in the process.

You can’t say you weren’t warned.
Well yes and no. I didn't do a lot of research prior to buying my Rovan. I knee jerk purchased my Rovan then I joined the forum only to read all the negative feedback, at that point I had already spent $700+ and there was no turning back. I don't have high expectations of anything Chineesium, but the constant part failures is just BS . I had some fun, learned a LOT, and it cost me a $h!t ton of money. Time to move on. It's a shame because I did have that CY 36cc running excellent and consistent.

Wow just wow. 🤯

Im glad you’ve finally seen the light polar. Shame it cost you so much in the process.

You can’t say you weren’t warned.

Honestly how much have you spent on the brakes?
Iv also been saying this for years and iv been ridiculed and called a haiter🤣🤣🤣🤣 funny thing is you Mr @Polar_Bus where in that line 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fair enough, decent ones are more than 3 times that.
Well yes and no. I didn't do a lot of research prior to buying my Rovan. I knee jerk purchased my Rovan then I joined the forum only to read all the negative feedback, at that point I had already spent $700+ and there was no turning back. I don't have high expectations of anything Chineesium, but the constant part failures is just BS . I had some fun, learned a LOT, and it cost me a $h!t ton of money. Time to move on. It's a shame because I did have that CY 36cc running excellent and consistent.
Get an MCD and never look back or build a hybrid for shits and giggles. Either way you won’t regret it.

Trying to find a Baja makes the most practical sense as most of my Rovan hop-up parts will fit a Baja , but I will explore all options all depends on what I can find, maybe pick up something used over in the M/P

Trying to find a Baja makes the most practical sense as most of my Rovan hop-up parts will fit a Baja , but I will explore all options all depends on what I can find, maybe pick up something used over in the M/P
You should go the custom route like me and some others then and upgrade your parts to known and reputable manufacturers. Bonehead, UBER, RS Fruitbat, Vertigo, TR, IRC and RCMAX. Can’t go wrong with them.

I should also mention Vitavon are now in the game making outstanding parts.

Iv also been saying this for years and iv been ridiculed and called a haiter🤣🤣🤣🤣 funny thing is you Mr @Polar_Bus where in that line 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Now why would I call the "king of bling" , the "go for dough" a Rovan haiter ?? I never said they were not junk, I just tried to defend them as being "satisfactory" which in hindsight was being too nice..... they are 100% garbage. So yea I guess you guys can call me out ;)

I have a KM Baja and it's taken me 18 months to make it reliable where I can take it for a bash session and get at least a tank from it. Its a long and heart breaking lesson. I bought the 30 Degree's truck and it's night and day.
I don't rely on my Baja, if I'm going bashing I take something with the Baja for when/if it breaks.
It now doesn't have the KM engine but think that's down to me more than KM.
I also never bought the cheap pull starts, although I do use the rovan easy start pull starts with my own machined flywheel adaptor pawl plate.
Don't be beaten fella, buy a decent pull start, save for another rig so that the Baja isn't your only 5th scale.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks