The law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was 16 and rode my dirtbike to school and locked it up in the bike rack. Everyone was just like wtf really? Yea well can't do that poop any more. The school had a nature walking trail behind it. 🤷‍♂️ ....as we see the world is not as it was 15 years ago
Used to do the same thing, just stuck it in the auto shop at school. The teacher was a good guy and would keep watch over it and no one would screw with it.

I miss the good ole days! Fek me, I must be getting old I’m starting to sound like my Dad.🤣

I find that I cant agree with that, at least around here. First the amish arw more if a hazard on the road then any rc, second it's the kids parents responsibly to keep after their kid (s). And if a cop would give me hell, they would be getting a pee per smack from the chief, after then next township meeting. Its happened before and will happen again. Specifically when I had to educate an a hole cop about bumper height laws, and how my truck was not lifted too high, tires did not stick out too far, and was perfectly street legal according to both federal dot, and pa state inspection laws. Sorry they work for the public, and should know the laws they uphold, which most unfortunately do not. They know enough to by with traffic, and vehicle violations, but when confronted with the actual law they seem to falter, and apologies get made after they have made an arse of themselves at the court date, then again at the township, when it has been brought to the supervisors attention, that the cop that wont let the legally lifted truck alone has harrassment charges pending with the D.A. check you local laws. If you are doing anything wrong then, stop what your doing. If your not, sight the specific law, wile giving them a cactus to sit on.

I was 16 and rode my dirtbike to school and locked it up in the bike rack. Everyone was just like wtf really? Yea well can't do that poop any more. The school had a nature walking trail behind it. 🤷‍♂️ ....as we see the world is not as it was 15 years ago
Wish I can even own a dirt bike where I am, well I can, but I just have no place I can ride it. I had an electric one, it was a blast, but occasionally some grumpy old man would bother me for it. 🤣

As your in the uk I’d personally get a BRCA license, this covers you if you cause any damage to public property or injure someone , it’s not expensive and your helping support the wider spectrum of the hobby .

I’ve had a few police officers turn up to see what’s going on ‘ we’ve had reports of motor cross bikes ‘

Once they know what’s going on they tend to be ok , speak to them as you’d like to be spoken too and there’s no problem , if you get moved on , find somewhere in a less built up area to run .

As your in the uk I’d personally get a BRCA license, this covers you if you cause any damage to public property or injure someone , it’s not expensive and your helping support the wider spectrum of the hobby .

I’ve had a few police officers turn up to see what’s going on ‘ we’ve had reports of motor cross bikes ‘

Once they know what’s going on they tend to be ok , speak to them as you’d like to be spoken too and there’s no problem , if you get moved on , find somewhere in a less built up area to run .

I'm also a member of the BRCA, covers all RC's not just large scale, think its £20 a year, worth having for public liability alone.

We've also had police turn up, have a look about to see what's making the noise, have a watch and then go about their business elsewhere. But we generally bash on fields in massive open area's. If I'm tuning at home its only 10mins run time in my cul-de-sac.

Where do you live? Just so I make sure not to go there .
Oldham
not sure on other countries laws, but in the uk its classed as a toy,
the police you came across have no idea of the law or were just being arsey cos you were running in the street,
the most they could do you for is noise,or public nuisance,
heard what you said before in the uk though,
just move on if police stop ya, or as a motor vehicle in the uk comes under classification of having to have a place for a passenger,
ask em where the passenger sits if it happens again :ROFLMAO:,
Thank you yeah im in the North West England

Oldham

Thank you yeah im in the North West England

I suspect you've had a couple of coppers that had a bad shift or their missus hadn't put out the night before.
Have a check out of the BRCA website, lot sand lots of information on there about running RC's. As far as I was aware the only place you couldn't run was near airports or restricted air space with flight RC's.

I'll look into this I think they were just trying to be all macho kids in uniform

Speaking from experience I know my block and im friendly with everyone and the only vehicles on my block is a Honda civic up the street and my truck.Sorry no 6 year old kids to hit here. Sounds like a case by case basis so your umbrella clause for driving on the street is so so.
When I was like 6-8 i got hit in the legs wits a savage, thing knocked me off my feet. Cant imagine getting hit with a 5th at that age. :oops:

What was impressive 🤔 the way the 5t held up or the way the kid hit the deck😳🤔🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
Okay, probably shouldn’t have laughed at that but that was funny as Fek! @spents we have a definitely contender for today’s quote of the day and I probably got some bad karma coming at me for laughing so hard!🤣

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks