The punisher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had or put tons of miles on every version up till 07 yhen skip to 19 dodge cummins. Only part of the truck that was worth crap was the engine imo. The 90 was just a crappy truck in general truck rode terrible. So bad in fact I hit a rumble strip and the radio fell out of the dash. Spent big money on air ride seats for it helped a bit. Forward to 94 truck litterslly fell apart in 6 years. Entire interior was just built like garbage. Auto trans was a constant issue, ended up swapping a 5 speed. Front axle was a rebuild every year. Frame cracked at steering box, brace and welder fixed that. 24vaoves were hit and miss with the 53 block, the trucks were the same trash ad the second gen trucks. Now I've been in quite a few third gens. Trucks were better, then previous modes, but not by much. I think they rotted out a lot faster and the auto trans were still garbage. The 07 was a nice truck inside, I personally put over 200k miles on it. Interior didn't fall apart like the earlier trucks, front end held up better, but it was also 2wd. When it did need rebuilt it was one thing right after the other, with in 2 years every thing had been replaced. The truck ate power steering pumps for some reason. The last one it blew up the dealer replaced literally everything that the power steering pump fed fluid to. Hydroboost all lines, cooler, box, tank and all lines. I quit shortly after I took all that work so I don't know if it lasted, I suspect it did. The 6 speed manual wad garbage as well. Towed very heavy with that truck and quite often, they never should have used an alloy cased trans in those trucks. The 19 we had was a dead dog worse then the 07. We had it back at the dealer several times and they just kept telling us it's normal. Our old 05 f550 litterslly would kill it in speed and towing power. Kinda sad when the 6.7l cummins was rated nearly 100 hp and a lot more torque over the 6.0l ford diesel. I have a few duramax stories as well, but other then the normal extremely weak front ends, it wad typically Nickel and dime bs with them. Just the same crap all the time, and the frames didn't particularly like when you hated heavy with them for a few years, but over all held up better then the dodges in the 2005 and up trucks (whenever they switched to the slanted head light body style) always rode good, and had pleasant street manners (when the front end wads working right) but felt like a cheap truck, especially when compared to the same year ford's with a similar trim package. The duramax had quite a few issues in the early years as well, but seemed they hammered those issues out in the falling generations. Sucked balls off road around the mine sights, don't know so much why, but then again I never felt like it was competent at towing either, just never got the power to the ground quite right, very quick to spin out. Not a terrible truck overall though. Out side of quite a few years with a garbage diesel engine I don't have major complaints with their trucks, I actually wish the other companies made trucks that would compete as far as durability. Of the truck it's self. You'll be hard pressed to find an early 2000's for who's interior is completely falling apart just from old age. The rot on them seems just as bad or slightly better then the other 2.
Wtf is that wall off text 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🙄🤣

This is a bit harsher bashing than I intend to do to mine but the G460 seems to push this right along. And there's a decent vid of capabilities and durability right there🤣
One of the only solid running vids I have seen of this beast. Dude sends his much harder then I send mine....probably because I don't have near the power. I saw/messaged a dude on YouTube has a stock engine and pipe and changed his carburetor out to some after market one...is hitting 24mph easy where in I am getting 18mph. I don't mind my stock engine..but would like a tad more power and speed. Just not at the cost of toasting my transmission.

Wtf is that wall off text 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🙄🤣
Thought you could read......
One of the only solid running vids I have seen of this beast. Dude sends his much harder then I send mine....probably because I don't have near the power. I saw/messaged a dude on YouTube has a stock engine and pipe and changed his carburetor out to some after market one...is hitting 24mph easy where in I am getting 18mph. I don't mind my stock engine..but would like a tad more power and speed. Just not at the cost of toasting my transmission.
Does a wt or wj series carb fit your carb spacing? Would be an easy upgrade over the boat anchor these things come with of it did.

That alx 71 and the rcmax 80 really are about useless. If you had tall gearing options, and drivetrain upgrades they would be alot better. But the factory drivetrain has its limits, the gp460 tears the factory drivetrain to hell so i know I'll have issues with this 50gt. Can't imagine the larger alx or rcmax motors in it.

Their $70 off ebay new lol. But as sean said, I'd bet theirs a good amount to play with. I have seen the rovan engines and their is much to do and power to gain when done correctly
That's a lot of cash for a boat anchor lol. In seriousness I didn't know new engines were so cheap. May have to pick one up to play with.

That alx 71 and the rcmax 80 really are about useless. If you had tall gearing options, and drivetrain upgrades they would be alot better. But the factory drivetrain has its limits, the gp460 tears the factory drivetrain to hell so i know I'll have issues with this 50gt. Can't imagine the larger alx or rcmax motors in it.
I commented that on Alx's video when he released it. I said the 50gt destroys it already, it needs taller gears, drivetrain upgrades and their Super 44. Also looks like Mikes back testing his ram, so maybe there's hope 😉

Man...hope all goes well this time
Come On Please GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Pretty crappy that Primal responded to others for purchase/sales but blew off a customer who spent thousands of dollars with them. Really makes me as a customer concerned for the longevity of the brand. We are dependent upon their product/parts support for their rigs...you start showing lack of customer service you are going to spoil the brand and the name. People will shy away from spending big bucks for these rigs which could be the demise. Then we are all stuck with "investments" we can't get parts for. That is not my hope at all, I look forward to years of service and parts availability...just concerning is all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks