The punisher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well had it out today for a bit and pretty sure a servo took a poop and shortly after my wiring harness burned up. Both servos are shot and so is the harness lol.View attachment 74137View attachment 74138
From what I’ve seen on YouTube, the servos dying is not out of the ordinary. Also gotta make sure everything is nice and square so servos are not fighting.

I swear my luck is f#$cking terrible. Apparently rovan thinks it's necessary to cover the whole bolt in loctite. Anyways short story time, I was heating the bolt and it was hitting the carb on the other side and melted the primer bulb and went up in flames. I managed to clean it up again, install the hitec brake servo and install the 23/27 gear set and end my temper for the night. Pictures are in order from fire to clean up and finish. 20210601_134905.jpg20210601_134914.jpg20210601_142758.jpg20210601_193526.jpg20210601_193530.jpg20210601_193534.jpg20210601_193704.jpg20210601_195711.jpg

Damage report:
Rovan engine fried
All servo wiring melted
Throttle cables/reverse/and brake cables melted
Fuel tank & lines melted

Dang man! I am sorry that happened to you! Yeah i had several bolts that were basically glued in with an abundance of loctite...it was ridiculous. I ended up replacing a couple bolts/screws due to trashing their heads.
I have yet to replace my steering and brake servos. What do you recommend for these short of what you posted for your brakes?

Dang man! I am sorry that happened to you! Yeah i had several bolts that were basically glued in with an abundance of loctite...it was ridiculous. I ended up replacing a couple bolts/screws due to trashing their heads.
I have yet to replace my steering and brake servos. What do you recommend for these short of what you posted for your brakes?

I ordered the hilantronics 8000 series for the steering and hitec HS-7950TH for the smaller servos.

I swear my luck is f#$cking terrible. Apparently rovan thinks it's necessary to cover the whole bolt in loctite. Anyways short story time, I was heating the bolt and it was hitting the carb on the other side and melted the primer bulb and went up in flames. I managed to clean it up again, install the hitec brake servo and install the 23/27 gear set and end my temper for the night. Pictures are in order from fire to clean up and finish. View attachment 74260View attachment 74261View attachment 74262View attachment 74263View attachment 74264View attachment 74265View attachment 74266View attachment 74267

Damage report:
Rovan engine fried
All servo wiring melted
Throttle cables/reverse/and brake cables melted
Fuel tank & lines melted
Dang man,
I know that’s gotta hurt, sorry that happened to you 😞☹️.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks