Thinking about a kraken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Mars

Looking for some opinions about kraken.Looking at ddm buggy with the zenoa engine installed.Looks like it needs a battery,radio,seems like they offer a futaba radio.Anyone bought this setup from ddm and or have experience.Been thinking about this for awhile,gonna be a basher not a racer.Any recomendations on what breaks first etc.Not after negative bad reviews just honest opinions.Thank You guys.I have 5t 2.0 ,Raminator,2 xmaxx and UDR so not a newb but want something different .......

Looking for some opinions about kraken.Looking at ddm buggy with the zenoa engine installed.Looks like it needs a battery,radio,seems like they offer a futaba radio.Anyone bought this setup from ddm and or have experience.Been thinking about this for awhile,gonna be a basher not a racer.Any recomendations on what breaks first etc.Not after negative bad reviews just honest opinions.Thank You guys.I have 5t 2.0 ,Raminator,2 xmaxx and UDR so not a newb but want something different .......
Im not much of a kraken fan. But. Check out McD if you want something different.

I cannot personally recommend the Kraken Vekta.5 for a basher. I put over $3,000 into mine and just a couple of rollovers has the thing falling apart. It is fun to drive, but you hit a rough spot just right and it goes rear end straight up the then proceeds to cartwheel. I also built a Baja 5B and put a few hundred worth of upgrades into it and I enjoy it a lot more. I don't even touch the Xmaxx, Xrt, and arrma rigs anymore.

Yes my xmaxx and 5t are my beat the crap out of never break trucks.After 4 years just started fixing up 5t.I realy want a solid rear axle independant front large scale trophy/desert truck like the udr but nothing fith scale like that out there.Was thinkiing modified kraken might be the ticket but i don't like thier trophy truck.Possibly use vetka 5 with losi cage and body.Going to be my christmass gift to me!!!Thank You guys for input

Love the look of the vekta since it came out, bought the yeti xl then losi sbr 2.0 cause of the same rear set up, just finally got the vekta.5 lse, 34 ported with ddm pipe, asked ddm what breaks most and put all that plus irp rear top links steering link and toe links, dual steering servos. Kept the plastic front arms rear lower plastic rod ends, even sealed up the warped plastic diff cover that almost flattens once tightened. I've run two tanks only and my first issue was the stock tires where too small, too hard and it seemed to rev easy, second run one off my steering servos quit electrically working ( nobody i talked to ever had trouble with any servo of that brand )and the magmas I put on where to high and too grippy for the high grass I was running in. I saw my rear end pop up every time i ran threw a regal in the field but never had a flip, i was waiting for it from ferrebees post so wasn't more than i could handle, haven't made jumps for it yet, or my track with no more grass, but I put another servo, mad max super grip and just can't wait for the water from all the rain togo down again so I can have some more thrills just hearing scream again

Well then,the raminator keeps me busy with repairs,but with all the mods and good avice on this forum its been holding up good lately.To be honest no one seems to have much confidence in kraken products,other than the same issues with all thier stuff.I might just go nitro and get another revo, but I have been hearing some bad quality with traxxas lately. None the less,much appriciate the advice everyone Thank You.

That's a good point. Guys like kevin Talbot or thunder rc on u tube make money beating the living snot out of rc's! It's normal for them to need m2c this and 7075 that to get their rigs to stand up to their habits. A regular hobbyist that doesn't need an 80cc or 12s system to even get a smile in the corner of their mouth and can have fun with a traxxas will probably never need every metal part for an rc. I've just recently since building my vekta, fixing up my baja and being repeatedly disappointed with my mega truck , got hopelessly addicted to arma! Gotten 5 recently and put an order in for the new kraton exb rtr. 5th scale is fun but going back to 8th scale and adjusting my imagination smaller I have much more thrills as they have so much more power to weight ratio, don't explode on a missed landing and run cooler for longer making that jaw dropping excitement last

The problem with the VEKTA.5 is when you accidentally crash and then realize that one cartwheel session now has you replacing all your plastic rod ends because they stretched out…like the ones on the shocks

Thank you everyone for the advice!!!!You wont beleve this but a customer at work came in today ,asked if I would be intrested in a rc truck that comes with a gallon of blue fuel...... he thinks its a traxxas,someones kid gave it to him.Says its got a broken gear,but still has the box.I know GOD really loves me,but he may have arranged a nice gift for me,maybe a revo for free.......Got new irc shocks for 5t 2.0 today,built and installed.Going to try them out this weekend.Could not find completet 5t 2.0 shocks anywhere,broke a rear shaft.Had raminator rod ends on bottoms for extra length,worked good,but was going to put heavier springs,ddm,on when shaft twisted off at threads.....anyone sell prebuilt 5t 2.0 shocks.Every one seems out of stock or don't sell complete prebuilt ones.Just want a back up set and matts are just too much money for a beater.

Yes,they were looking to buy,out of stock.........maybe was amazon,ok for now ,thanks Rep732.

Also is Bartalone racing still in business,website not available only facebook?????

Last edited:
Yes my xmaxx and 5t are my beat the crap out of never break trucks.After 4 years just started fixing up 5t.I realy want a solid rear axle independant front large scale trophy/desert truck like the udr but nothing fith scale like that out there.Was thinkiing modified kraken might be the ticket but i don't like thier trophy truck.Possibly use vetka 5 with losi cage and body.Going to be my christmass gift to me!!!Thank You guys for input
If u want a kraken get one, no matter what ppl say,that is my way anyway..😁

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks