Time line shift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21bb yeah my old man has a l245dt he runs a 72" on, he demoed a 84 and it would spin it but not well. Its 22 pto hp, so close to what you have.
Cbaker, you have the wrong knives on it, we use a flail for road bank mowing with the brush "knives" it's really rough. The last mow of the year we switch over to finish "knives" and it cuts really quite nice. Actually Alamo calls the flail mowers "finish" mowers and the rotary mowers the "brush" mowers. Never understood it myself but may be one day I'll be properly educated lol

21bb yeah my old man has a l245dt he runs a 72" on, he demoed a 84 and it would spin it but not well. Its 22 pto hp, so close to what you have.
Cbaker, you have the wrong knives on it, we use a flail for road bank mowing with the brush "knives" it's really rough. The last mow of the year we switch over to finish "knives" and it cuts really quite nice. Actually Alamo calls the flail mowers "finish" mowers and the rotary mowers the "brush" mowers. Never understood it myself but may be one day I'll be properly educated lol

Lol....the old boss was damaging the grass with it ,one thing he did ,was cutting the turf too short over the years an
exposing the top soil ,eventually ,it was causing bald & hot spots in the turf an hardening the ground!

21bb we don't have unlimited money to spend on equipment. With a few exceptions most of our equipment is in the 10 to 20+ year old range. It's actually tough to keep the stuff running. Were not the state, and are a rather small municipality. So we don't have the tax base to get new toys at will.

21bb we don't have unlimited money to spend on equipment. With a few exceptions most of our equipment is in the 10 to 20+ year old range. It's actually tough to keep the stuff running. Were not the state, and are a rather small municipality. So we don't have the tax base to get new toys at will.
Im just basing it off my small (8k) town in CT. They have a nice assortment of very new JD tractors, mowers, and a bunch of other crap they wont use. Most of the trucks qre new, general equipment, new. The crew of 5 has more stuff than asses to fill it. Good guys but the most unproductive, wistful people ive ever met. Probably only doing as told by the selectman and such but still sickening to watch. To pay for all the toys we have a 39 mill rate. For 11acres and a small barn I pay almost 8k, add in the rest of the property and its 10k+ a year. ??

Yeah were not run like that. We have to plan years in advance for a big purchase. Even running split crews we still get a lot done in a day. Then again the whole road department got fired about 5 years ago, from them.not doing their jobs, so were all "new" and fresh out of the private sector. It's tough, but were getting a lot done.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks