Time To Get The Baja Race Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, with Dremel. as i can recall it was the 3mm round-end milling bit.
as i can recall, 0.016in (0,4mm) drop equates to approximately 2-4 degrees MORE in exhaust timing.. and i cut 0,6mm from the piston.

0,6mm would give you about 5deg more exh duration...

What was your process for measuring? Did you take a little off then check timing and go back or do you have a better tool than a digital caliper?

it was just a digital caliper.
i measured the initial distance from the bottom of skirt till the top of the chamfered part and noted down. then marked the area with a dark marker on the top i intended to cut and started cutting it... little by little and measuring frequently to see the progress.
i’d cut 0,5mm, put it together and check with degree wheel where i got, and continue with the cutting if needed.
watch out not to cut wider than the exh port window.
i used flexible shaft on Dremel and moved from right to left... and hold the cutter firmly.

porting is so much more than this, and i just did it 2x... so i don’t feel myself comfortable in giving advices here.. ? (though i got good results)

Can anyone point me in the direction of a front disc brake kit that uses pads. All the ones I'm finding (mechanical style) are all aluminum on disc which from my experience don't last like the padded kits. I don't want to go hydraulic.

I think I got a bad receiver?

After slapping a new (temporary) throttle servo in today my killerbee stopped recognizing signal loss when I shut off transmitter. I went down the list and checked settings on KB, re bind, swapped servos and battery, even swapped another KB in there. Just won't buzz or go into failsafe when I disconnect the transmitter but the servos go back to center. Or at least the throttle/brake does.

All functions working on another receiver I have. Chitty as that one has some knicks in the antenna. YeY! more parts to put on order!

Was out chasing my parents dog around their yard today and seems like the servo saver didn't wanna wait for it's replacement to come Monday. A relatively soft slide into a fence and bam no steering.

IMG_20201229_224037366.jpg

Got the tr saver installed and polished up the rods it sits on. I'm glad the stock saver broke. It belongs in the trash!

A lot smoother.
IMG_20210102_161707014.jpg

Took her out for a spin and am happy so far.
IMG_20210102_184435116.jpg

I think maybe I have a bad gas tank or cap. Seeing fuel under the cap after running. Hmm, do I get the kraken fuel system?

Na their like $12.50! lol.... Luckily the Snappy RC fuel kit came with a rubber seal for the cap! It's the least they could do after having me tare up my fingers trying to get their freakin tubes and grommet in. I purchased w/ FullForce brass fittings which are a waste of time and money :mad: There really isn't enough benefit to justify the hassle of installing them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks