traxxas 1/16 e-revo vxl with 2.4 ghz radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the double cigarette lighter socket out let cost me under $5 aud delivered from hk on ebay.com.au.

i used a tripple in the same brand for a couple of years on a DC 9amp power supplie for my large scale stuff with a DC twin channel 4 amp charger i had. (i didnt use it over 5amps)

i just put 2 x 4mm buillet connectors on it to plug into the power supply and the usb socket on it can only handle 500ma so its no good for charging an iphone hence why i used the 12volt cigarette lighter socket instead.

i wouldnt really use it over 5 amps but my i charger charging at 10 amps only uses 6 amps at 15 volt, so the cigarette lighter sockets can handle a bit and they come fused at 5 amps

ive been waiting to have a run of the merv but it keeps raining, its rained for the last two days, ill run in a bit of sand even though it wears parts quickly but i will not run in mud.

years ago i used to play in the shopping center car parks but they whent to 7 day trading and the car parks are full till dark, but where i am now theres a good couple of car parks to run, ones in the last vid on this thread i posted.

lols so true, when i was a heavy smoker i used to park far away for the doors as i could so i could get a smoke or two in first, plus give the wife the sh*t

here is a quick video of my Merv running pro line dirt hawgs with pro line Titus bead loc rims with 21/55 gearing with center diff with 50 000 wt silicone oil in all 3 diffs using 2 x 3s 11.1v 20c 1800 mah zippy lipo batteries in parallel, the music in the back ground playing in one of the cars is an Australian band 'ice on mercury'.

we drove it like that for around 30 Min's tuff little buggers, then i swapped back for stock tires and rims and went bashing around the corner on wet/damp sand running the same gearing but with 2s lipo,s in parallel, we had a blast the poor little Merv,s rims full of wet sand and so was the chassis it was so heavy it wasn't funny and just as the lvc kicked in on the 2s some thing let go on the drive line and she turned into a rwd only.

not bad for 1 hours abuse hitting pine poles at full throttle on 3s lipo,s, but the toyz cooling fan stopped working in 2 Min's and looked pretty sad by the end, the dirt hawgs foams are gone on one side (the left side) a big hole worn through the body siding on the roof hitting the cooling fan lolls and Finlay after 81 battery packs through the old girl the rear wing broke lolls.

it was so hard to control on 3s lipo,s with the short gearing so much torque steer it was lifting the left side of the truck and unload the left front tire turning it into a pizza cutter but still able to pull some decent top end but had to add right trim on the radio to kind of drive straight loll, but like last time's running 3s i was getting some serious heat but it never shut down on me from its thermal protection but cause of the 21/55 gearing i was hitting the Maxim rpm the esc and motor can talk to each other.

I'm think i like the stock tires and rims better so far i need to test on one more ground condition and ill post up some pic,s tomorrow of the soggy Merv

Last edited by a moderator:
once the battery dropped off a bit and i got use to it there was a couple of realy quick passes near the end of the vid, the fan died befor i got to the wet sand it was from impacts with the body the fan was pushed out of square on the heat sink and the motor jamed and burnt out i will not replace it and a missing grub screw was to blame for the 2wd action

Last edited:
a quick vid down the skate park with my Merv running 21/55 gearing with center diff, with 50 000 wt silicone oil in all 3 diffs using 1 x 2s 7.4v 20c 2200 mah zippy lipo battery.

after this vid the girls walked off and me and natham ran a 3s lipo through it as was doing some impressive back flips over the 6 foot chain lock fence in the back ground lol.

the after math

100_5055.jpg

cracked chassis

100_5056.jpg

left upper and lower rear suspension arms broken (antenna worn through and aerial snapped from driving with no body on)

100_5058.jpg

front bumper broken off from chassis again and two more split in the lexan body

Last edited by a moderator:
since my poor Merv has had over 80 battery packs run through it last night me and a mate stoked up the bot belly in the shed and totally stripped the Merv down to nothing.

we replaced the chassis, battery doors and vents the radio box, replaced all rockers, replaced all the hubs, installed a new center shaft cover, replaced the pivot ball,s and clips, replaced most of the bearings, replaced all the toe links and the suspension push rods as they where well worn, replaced the shock mounts, rear body mount, rear left suspension arms upper and lower, repacked the rear diff with 50 000wt silicone oil, put more heat shrink on the motor wires, replaced the front center drive shaft and cleaned every thing up basically gave it a massive birthday.

100_5059.jpg

I'm now waiting on a front bumper/body mount so i can start driving it and a rear wing, i might even order a new body soon and i have to do some range testing as its lost about 10mm of the end of the Rx wire.

yeah mate a complete chassis replacement the new chassis with battery box lids, vents radio box and shock mounts cost me 14 bucks on ebay lols

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks