TSK B1 colour/ theme inspiration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

Not Horlicks🙄
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Hey all,

I,m waiting on the delivery of a Kraken TSK B1 Baja cage and panels.

I can’t for the life of me decide what colour to paint it, I’m leaning towards bright matt orange with minimal decals maybe just Uber RC ones. The problem is I think orange has been done to death, but that’s because it suits that body.

I have an original TSK 1 that is well busy with decals in deep blue and I want to go with something different.

Everything I’ve seen online looks a bit meh. So any ideas people would be great?
86D5D815-D6C4-4B11-969A-9F3B4BB48DEC.jpeg
I’ve seen a 2 Stroker with orange front panels and metal rears or metal looking at least. I hate copying but so far that’s the best I’ve seen.

Attachments

• C7A884FE-5446-4F3D-8034-1D2176271669.jpeg
    C7A884FE-5446-4F3D-8034-1D2176271669.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 7
Hey all,

I,m waiting on the delivery of a Kraken TSK B1 Baja cage and panels.

I can’t for the life of me decide what colour to paint it, I’m leaning towards bright matt orange with minimal decals maybe just Uber RC ones. The problem is I think orange has been done to death, but that’s because it suits that body.

I have an original TSK 1 that is well busy with decals in deep blue and I want to go with something different.

Everything I’ve seen online looks a bit meh. So any ideas people would be great?
View attachment 69311
I’ve seen a 2 Stroker with orange front panels and metal rears or metal looking at least. I hate copying but so far that’s the best I’ve seen.

Want to sell the cage.

That would look good, but it’s not my thing.

I think if you want to paint lexan with anything other lexan paint you need to prime it first. But definitely check before you try.

I think if you want to paint lexan with anything other lexan paint you need to prime it first. But definitely check before you try.

Its actually not paint it's a silver based chemical reaction. You have to apply a clearcoat for the silver to stick to so it would be mirror chrome on both sides!

155.png

yes painting lexan with other paints needs really good prep miles,
i did it with the dragon hammer panels, using 1;1 car paints and it does work,
needs a good quality plastic primer first, then etch, then prime, base coat, and finally clear,
and it doesn't flake off if ya prep the crap outa everything and take yer time (y):LOL:,
my lexan hammer panels painted on outside,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks