Upgrades & redundancy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ROFLMAO: I've been driving for as long as you've been alive. Slow down junior.. ive racked up 32 points on my driver's license at once and have about 100 moving violations license has been suspended 3 times..so stick it ms. Priss

My intent when I bash isn’t to break my truck, having said that it has no impact on how I drive it. I want to drive it hard and enjoy the potential of the truck.

I know mistakes (by me) are gonna happen and when it happens it will cost me cash and time to repair. I understood that coming into this hobby and enjoy the wrenching. It is the cost of doing business playing with these monsters, but holy fek it ain’t cheap! It is a hell of a lot of fun though.

Look mate you got a 5ive t, arguably one of the toughest platforms out there. Go beat the piss out of it and fix what breaks. They are very stout

It is very tough out of the box and I am still running it regularly and what you say make sense. Planning more ice bashing/racing on Sunday if the pond ice holds up.

I posed the question to gain some more knowledge and insight from you experienced guys. It will be more of a road map to what I need to acquire to support a higher performance engine when I am ready. In the mean time it will still get used and abused!

I have found over the years that when I stock up on things for expected break downs, something different breaks. Anything less than having 2 of everything you will still be ordering from time to time. With that said when I experience break downs I try to order 2 of what just broke being I will prob break it again. All the good upgrades fix a flaw or weak point that you just have to break to find.

I have 8 bags of thrust washers for my FG diff, can't get the stupid thing open! So I spent like $80 for extra parts I won't use most likely. This was 7 yrs ago lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks