V3 raminator (blue waffle) build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engine is out. I ordered servos also, and the engine. Will be a month or so before I get the engine, and a little more waiting for the harness to get back in stock from primal. Though about building one, and being done with it but alot of work and time I don't have at the moment. 20220109_064401.jpg

John, what is your opinion on the new radio box setup, looks like there is an extra switch on there, did they get rid of the toggle on the pass side front?
Just wondering if it would be worth upgrading my truck to the new style box.
Also can you tell the status of the kill switch with the new box?

John, what is your opinion on the new radio box setup, looks like there is an extra switch on there, did they get rid of the toggle on the pass side front?
Just wondering if it would be worth upgrading my truck to the new style box.
Also can you tell the status of the kill switch with the new box?

Nope, toggle is still their. I like the box setup alot more. Leaves tons of room in it, all in one box is alot nicer than the v1/v2 versions. Yep, it has a small window in it to see rhw killswitch.

Few updates, Dan sent me a new harness and killswitch since it burned up (bless his heart). But it was from a v2, so had to desolder the v3 plug and solder it on the new harness. I of course had to put loom on it and heat shrink but it came out pretty good. Also did a gear swap to 23/27 for what's coming.

20220116_185346.jpg20220116_190138.jpg20220116_190202.jpg20220116_190217.jpg20220116_190228.jpg

Curious as to why you went with lower gearing than stock
what gearing did you go with on your raminator?
I've still got the stock setting on mine with the Tayler 50, was thinking of the 27/23 ratio to speed it up a bit

The blue does look good!
I’m gonna guess it’s smaller then a 50
You never did answer my question on why you went with lower gearing then stock so gonna assume the engine is smaller size but can produce higher rpm

The blue does look good!
I’m gonna guess it’s smaller then a 50
You never did answer my question on why you went with lower gearing then stock so gonna assume the engine is smaller size but can produce higher rpm

Gearing can be changed as far as which is the spur and which is the pinion. Gears aren't necessarily smaller depending on how you place them. I have it geared more for speed and the moment with the 23/27, which eith the size of this gearing will do well with low end as well with the engine size

To be geared higher the bigger gear has to be in the left side and the smaller gear on the drive shaft size
I thought your pic it was on the other way?
Anyhow I think you and me are the only ones on here at the moment with the mega truck so I will ask you if any of your shocks leak?
3 of mine were leaking out of the box and I had two dud servis
No smoke and fire at least! Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks