Vekta.5 Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarred197

Hey guys, new here....i thought i was the only one with a vekta :ROFLMAO:. Anyways, after reading some of the builds and what not i figured i would post mine and what im doing/working on. Quick back story... i was an early adopter when the vekta first came out, immediately put on a tuned pipe, threw in the stage 2 gearing and then i bought the ESP g340 complete rebuild for the g320 with the race ported head. Fast forward 3 years and im now a new home owner who bought a reno property. That being said, i now have time for the hobby again. This all started due to the rear upper heim joints got destroyed when i launched it... anyway finally got the billet ones and while i was taking it apart i start to tear the entire thing down to do a bit of cleaning. Then one thing lead to another and i am now doing the engine upgrade and have some parts coming in LOL

image0.jpeg

She was in pretty rough shape.
image2.jpeg
One of the destroyed plastic heim's lol.
Then the teardown commenced from there

image3.jpegimage4.jpeg

tore apart the old engine, also ordered a new gas tank since i apparently melted this one LOL
image11.jpegimage10.jpeg

Now i have her pretty cleaned up and the front end back on, put some outerwears on the shocks and have some for the crankcase and pull start when i finish the engine. I also re loctite every single screw

image6.jpegimage7.jpeg

Now i have a question for you experienced guys. These billet rear upper heim joints are supposed to be "perfect" fit. Wether i use the supplied washers or not and have everything all tightened down...they just don't seem to line up the right way... not sure if im doing something wrong. i can post more pictures of that specifically if needed.
Now i have the new bottom end all together with the +2mm stroker in and buttoned up. I have a decent-sized shipment coming from DDM with a lightened flywheel, billet clutch housing, new fan cover and some other things. Also waiting for my threebond to come in so i can seal the transfer port covers. Also didnt realise that the wrist pin bearing is a female dog to get out of the old engine...so i ordered a new one aswell. You guys have made me really want a big bore, but i think ill try to blow this engine first :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
image12.jpeg

Hey guys, new here....i thought i was the only one with a vekta :ROFLMAO:. Anyways, after reading some of the builds and what not i figured i would post mine and what im doing/working on. Quick back story... i was an early adopter when the vekta first came out, immediately put on a tuned pipe, threw in the stage 2 gearing and then i bought the ESP g340 complete rebuild for the g320 with the race ported head. Fast forward 3 years and im now a new home owner who bought a reno property. That being said, i now have time for the hobby again. This all started due to the rear upper heim joints got destroyed when i launched it... anyway finally got the billet ones and while i was taking it apart i start to tear the entire thing down to do a bit of cleaning. Then one thing lead to another and i am now doing the engine upgrade and have some parts coming in LOL

View attachment 69794

She was in pretty rough shape.
View attachment 69795
One of the destroyed plastic heim's lol.
Then the teardown commenced from there

View attachment 69796View attachment 69797

tore apart the old engine, also ordered a new gas tank since i apparently melted this one LOL
View attachment 69802View attachment 69801

Now i have her pretty cleaned up and the front end back on, put some outerwears on the shocks and have some for the crankcase and pull start when i finish the engine. I also re loctite every single screw

View attachment 69799View attachment 69800

Now i have a question for you experienced guys. These billet rear upper heim joints are supposed to be "perfect" fit. Wether i use the supplied washers or not and have everything all tightened down...they just don't seem to line up the right way... not sure if im doing something wrong. i can post more pictures of that specifically if needed.
Now i have the new bottom end all together with the +2mm stroker in and buttoned up. I have a decent-sized shipment coming from DDM with a lightened flywheel, billet clutch housing, new fan cover and some other things. Also waiting for my threebond to come in so i can seal the transfer port covers. Also didnt realise that the wrist pin bearing is a female dog to get out of the old engine...so i ordered a new one aswell. You guys have made me really want a big bore, but i think ill try to blow this engine first :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 69803
Post a pic of your heims..just did all this.
Your talking about the kraken billet heims for the rear upper links..I think Crucial has these

Your talking about the kraken billet heims for the rear upper links..I think Crucial has these
yea... i didnt know there were multiple different rear upper links until i started looking at everyones builds... now im not getting it soon unless i make good money on my stocks, but if i go with the 55 supreme ill also add the vertigo trans with it.... whats the upgraded CVD i keep seeing tossed around? i couldnt really find it on anny of the sights unless im just stupid...which could be the case lol
They totally don’t look right

Attachments

• B962E358-E53C-43EE-82BE-F8AD2F24DD42.jpeg
    B962E358-E53C-43EE-82BE-F8AD2F24DD42.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
@PortCityRC did you happen to take a look at the picture of the heims by any chance?
On a side note.. all my stuff from ddm will be here tomorrow but the liquid gasket I ordered from Amazon is delayed until the 24th.... anyone have any ideas of how I could get threebond fairly quickly or at least a good substitute?

@PortCityRC did you happen to take a look at the picture of the heims by any chance?
On a side note.. all my stuff from ddm will be here tomorrow but the liquid gasket I ordered from Amazon is delayed until the 24th.... anyone have any ideas of how I could get threebond fairly quickly or at least a good substitute?
Any local powersports shops? Yamabond if for exhaust. CRC and Permatex products for threadlock
Any local powersports shops? Yamabond if for exhaust. CRC and Permatex products for threadlock
We all think at the same time or what?? Ha ha ha take your pick @jarred197
We all think at the same time or what?? Ha ha ha take your pick @jarred197

@crucialRC i posted a pic up there ^ and also shot you a PM, they don’t seem to line up properly no matter what I do. Using all the supplied washers or only 1 on each end or not at all. Only lines up nice if it’s slightly unscrewed on one side which doesn’t seem right

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks