Vekta.5 Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure the carb is actually getting fuel.....
lol thats kind of an obvious one. Stock setting are like 1 1/2 out from bottom right? something like that? it started up last time, only difference is the fuel lines were swapped and the rubber seal on the gas tank is fiddlesticked up

have you got the feed going to the bottom on the carb and return from the top? Its easy to swap them round when re-piping
Yea I fixed it, still wouldn’t start this time. I tried different carb settings, idle settings. It’s nicer out today so will try lll

WELL, i red necked the F out of the fuel lines to try and run it before the new parts come in and i cant get it started now.... the rubber grommet for the gas tank isn't all the way in and theres no seal because i broke the rubber using a flat head to get it all the way in. Is this why it wont start? because it needs to be pressurized? I have the main fuel line switched to the bottom inlet because i originally thought the bottom was the return, but it wont start at all now.
Your supposed to put that grommet in first then the fuel lines

Your supposed to put that grommet in first then the fuel lines
It was fine idk what happened....I bought a 12 pack of new plugs and can’t find them anywhere (wife kicked me out lmao)
Update : took it out to try and start it, cant find the new plugs everything seems to be good but it wont start now...it might be the plug but i only ran like less than 10 tanks on it if i remember correctly

I also reset the carb back to factory again

Last edited:
SO after a long absence i am back!!! Life happened and i never got to get into the issue. But as of last week i pulled everything apart... and i somehow had leaned it out so much that the piston ring fiddlesticked up and then caused the piston to hit the exhaust port. When i put it together i snapped the plastic nipple thingy were the fuel line connects to the carb. Got excited and super glued it so i could just get it running. Long story short i think it was sucking in air and leaned it out leading to this issue. Fast forward to now and i FINALLY have it all back together. I had to purchase a new esp top end kit, so brand new head and piston. The entire bottom end and crank seemed to be just fine. Im glad i stumbled back onto this forum and getting back into the hobby. Ugh ive been looking at all the big bores again. Had major surgery and might need another so ive been out of work for a while hence why it also took so long to get this beast back together...i will take some pictures and update this old ass thread. Hope everyone is still here. Is hari still making the battery boxes if anyone knows??

OH and the rear heims that i had problems with earlier in this thread... still same problem, no matter what combinations of washers they never lined up properly. Ill post what i ended up doing with a picture lol

oh ok, that stinks. Was hoping to eventually get one of his nice battery boxes. The weather here has been poop so haven't had any real updates except for tonight i FINALLY got my small bore race engine started for the first time. Fully built by myself, finally got it started and running. ill have to update with pictures when i finally get out into the field for full throttle test and tune.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks