Vekta.5 Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@crucialRC i posted a pic up there ^ and also shot you a PM, they don’t seem to line up properly no matter what I do. Using all the supplied washers or only 1 on each end or not at all. Only lines up nice if it’s slightly unscrewed on one side which doesn’t seem right
Mine lined up ok with the washers installed. 20210217_180150.jpg20210217_180202.jpg

Ok so parts finally came in lol. This is the issue I’m having with the rear upper heims. It seems one of them is different color and length ??

Attachments

• F99C755F-BD98-4754-AECE-3380BB4B882F.jpeg
    F99C755F-BD98-4754-AECE-3380BB4B882F.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 12
Ok so parts finally came in lol. This is the issue I’m having with the rear upper heims. It seems one of them is different color and length ??
Is there a spot for a Allen to back out the thread. Looks like one is from a old batch possible. Don’t look like they inspect stuff before they package and ship

Ok so update. Everything back together. Went for first rip today, started GREAT then after a couple minutes it died. After continuously trying to start it when I was pressing the primer on the carb the gas was flowing backwards and the “inlet” side was feeding back into the tank when pressed. I went to simply switch the gas lines and the fiddlesticking peacock on the carb snapped. Need help please lol. Spent a ton of money and it broke within 5 mins :(
These are a couple pics... isn’t the fuel feed supposed to be on the top??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 8
One of the best suggestions I have to start with brother is get some fuel quick disconnects at ddm or Detroit performance and this won't ever happen again
As for the gas inlet, if it's removable replace it with a brass fitting

I have them installed and love them, I've pulled my tank out of my Vekta atleast 10x now, yanking hoses gets old, its not so bad when the carbs have brass fittings, but the only fail point I see is o-rings, their a simple replacement

Feed is at the bottom return at the top??
Welp I was literally about to swap them over ?? I had vids and pics ready for everyone. All the upgrades and engine work I did all myself, full bottom and top end upgrade/ rebuild
Can anyone point me in the direction of brass fitting that will replace this plastic poop?? I don’t want to have to buy a whole new carb. I legit just put $600 into this rebuild and I got 5 mins of run time lol. My bad for having the fuel lines mixed up but wtf is with them snapping??? I’ve been into gassers and nitros my entire life and have never had one of these snap. BTW this is the aftermarket fuel line I bought from DDM which is thicker than the stock, I figured it should have been fine though

Patience and slow twisting to remove the fuel lines. Remember its not a race to remove fuel line because clearly in the long run you end up right where your at
After 2 years of sitting and a complete rebuild I was def a tad excited... I wana run it today... anyone have any idea of a Solution to get it running?

Anyone have any suggestions?? I’ve tried almost everything and I can’t get this rubber grommet completely in..... @DDM these thicker fuel lines suck!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 9
WELL, i red necked the F out of the fuel lines to try and run it before the new parts come in and i cant get it started now.... the rubber grommet for the gas tank isn't all the way in and theres no seal because i broke the rubber using a flat head to get it all the way in. Is this why it wont start? because it needs to be pressurized? I have the main fuel line switched to the bottom inlet because i originally thought the bottom was the return, but it wont start at all now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks