Vekta 5 Verses the Losi 5 T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea just the simple run vids I saw of them showed me enough, junk can’t even turn hard without flipping over, I’ve seen that numerous times real shame those things are not cheap. Ran my 5t for straight hour yesterday, and all it did was run! I’ll get another 5t or 5b before anything else.

I have two complete sets of mounted tires that are stock.
I have an orange ceramic painted turned pipe.
Matching outer wear with a full body cover.
I would like to sell all of the above items 50% off or more.
I need to search my inventory before a sell anything else, since I am still running my 5t.
I looked at all the were and tear parts that become tired and ordered a little at a time for replacements.
For me that worked great, always having parts on hand.

I have considered the Vekta.5 as well as the 5ive-T. Just watch a few videos on both if you can find them. Most of the Vekta videos are more promotional based. My observations of what I have seen is the vehicle can flip on you easily. It could be terrain or is it based on design. Also have seen a few of them with the rear wheel braking off. Not a good sales gimmick unless you are entertaining those who like to fix and repair all the time.

Video's that I have seen with both Vekta and 5ive-T seem to favor the 5ive-T in a performance perspective. Just watching the two vehicles was enough. I was not focusing which was running first but more so, how the vehicles perform over the track. Some of that may be due to driver skill level. Sure, vehicle weight is important as is overall strength of components.

I feel I would favor the Losi 5ive-T over the Vekta as I am currently looking for another 4WD to add to my collection. As for the Baja 5B platform, that is just pure fun and has more aftermarket parts available than you can think of. I did some digging into aftermarket parts for both Vekta and Losi 5ive-T. Sure, the Vekta is a newer platform and some vendors have completed making upgrade parts. I feel the Losi or 5T clone would be a better choice for the money spent. That still has not distracted from the likes of the Vekta, however, it is enough to persuade me from buying into that market. Each vehicle has its pros and cons. The Vekta KV5TT does have my interests but so does the Losi 5ive-T 2.0.

If your not going to put the truck on an offroad course I say get the vekta. It's a heavy pig but with the right power plant she will move. And it doesn't need a big block either, but the drivetrain is fully capable of a big block. The losi will not survive with anything over a 50cc for long. If you do get a kv5 get a gooood steering servo, cvd rear driveshaft, and Teflon the shock bottoms and don't look back. But either you'll have fun with in a grass field👍🏽

I am still on the fence which of these to get to start with. I am not totally fixated on Losi. Need more time research the subject. One issue I see with the Losi and the clones is the angle of the drive shaft to the front diff. Still have interests in both kits.

I am still on the fence which of these to get to start with. I am not totally fixated on Losi. Need more time research the subject. One issue I see with the Losi and the clones is the angle of the drive shaft to the front diff. Still have interests in both kits.
Do the Red Arrow body kit like I did on the Vekta.5 and it’s a game changer.
868CC50B-9649-4131-AA22-084DB8114E0C.jpeg
4D8F82BA-0ECF-4274-9F2B-03BD7F652B0D.png

One of the coolest features on the Vekta is the rear toe adjustment for each wheel. No shims required as it is built in. I also prefer the drive line to be straight vs having the angle on the front drive shaft of the 5IVE-T. My Exceed Barca (based off of the Rampage MT) has a slight angle from the center diff to center transfer assembly then it is a straight line to the front differential housing. Not saying that is optimal since there are more driveshafts involved. Reason why I am considering the Losi or Kraken. LSE kit would be fun, may start with just the ported 32cc engine. RCMAX GT40 or GT50 would be something to consider later on.

One of the coolest features on the Vekta is the rear toe adjustment for each wheel. No shims required as it is built in. I also prefer the drive line to be straight vs having the angle on the front drive shaft of the 5IVE-T. My Exceed Barca (based off of the Rampage MT) has a slight angle from the center diff to center transfer assembly then it is a straight line to the front differential housing. Not saying that is optimal since there are more driveshafts involved. Reason why I am considering the Losi or Kraken. LSE kit would be fun, may start with just the ported 32cc engine. RCMAX GT40 or GT50 would be something to consider later on.
The new Vekta kits come with 0deg rear toe and camber, you need to buy the inserts to change it. Losi 5ive is 2deg (or 3) out of the box, with fully adjustable camber, and if you buy the TLR hingepin holders (5iveB) then you can adjust toe, kickup, and antisquat. So plenty more tuning opotions

The front centre driveshaft angle of the 5iveT 2.0 is less than the the v1 and the clones. The centre diff has also been moved toward the rear about 40mm, for a more balanced driveline. The clones still run the old v1 centre driveline which has a greater angle. Honestly, the driveshaft angle isn't a problem

The 5iveT gearing and suspension can be 100% fully tuned, with the Vekta you only have a few gearing options, and all you can do to the suspension is use thicker/thinner oil. No aftermarket springs or shock options at all

The 5iveT has 100's of aftermarket upgrades and stock parts are available everywhere.

The 5iveT 2.0 doesn't need any upgrades out of the box, just a killswitch and outerwares for the engine and your good to go. It's built as tuff as. The Vekta needs multiple upgrades out of the box.

Last edited:
Definitely enjoy the 5ive t more than the Vekta.
I lot of the transmission bearing problems can be solved with the CVD driveshaft.
Buggy is looser in the rear and drifts better. I made the upgrade and my bashing is a lot less problematic.
This change made a big improvement.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks